The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trying to kill my phone

A bit tippsy and in the dark. Checked the time at 3:20am in the car then put my phone in what I thought was a cup holder. It was the cup holder only it had a cup in it and a cm of water I had poured for my puppy last week.

Woke up at 5:30 to the led shining brightly and realised what I had done.

Spent the last 2 hours pulling it apart - engine kept running and heater on BLAST FURNACE. I have to have the windows down and it’s 0?. I found a bag of silicon under the seat and a glad bag that had cashews in it. The silicon bag got saturated pretty quick.

You idiot LOL

Whoops and I’m guessing it’s an Iphone right?  Whats that sir you would like it repaired?  Well let me see, the cost of a new Iphone is $900 so add 10% and that will be…. yes $990 to repair your phone sir, will that be cash cheque or bend over and touch your toes and allow Mr Jobs to anally violate you from beyond the grave?

d’oh Spaz!!! Maybe time for a more durable phone that is waterproof!!!

Couple of days in a ziplock bag full of rice and she’ll be right mate!

Sealed bag so you don’t absorb other water/moisture from the outside world!

nthnbeachesguy - 25 June 2012 09:52 PM

Whoops and I’m guessing it’s an Iphone right?  Whats that sir you would like it repaired?  Well let me see, the cost of a new Iphone is $900 so add 10% and that will be…. yes $990 to repair your phone sir, will that be cash cheque or bend over and touch your toes and allow Mr Jobs to anally violate you from beyond the grave?

Exactly what happened to my daughters Samsung Gio!!!!! Except that they didn’t even offer to repair it for a fee!!!!

They just replied, “Your Fault, Bad luck, Sort it out yourself”!!!!!

And although I’m not quite sure that I believed her, she said that it didn’t even go anywhere near water!!!!!

ozgirl - 26 June 2012 12:21 AM

Couple of days in a ziplock bag full of rice and she’ll be right mate!

Sealed bag so you don’t absorb other water/moisture from the outside world!

+1 This works a treat!

Actually, if your iPhone is broken and it’s completely your fault - even if it’s not under warranty, Apple will replace it with the same model for a flat fee of $249, no matter how bad the damage is. That doesn’t sound much like ‘violation’ to me.

Yea, so if it’s a 3gs or 3g, it’s cheaper to find a good quality one on Ebay instead lol.

And if you break the glass, they still want $249, even though there are so many shops that will do it for $50.

And if ya really wanna save money, buy a cheap shit Android from Woolworths!!!!!

Or better still, get two empty tin cans and a ball of string!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 26 June 2012 12:26 AM

Exactly what happened to my daughters Samsung Gio!!!!! Except that they didn’t even offer to repair it for a fee!!!!

They just replied, “Your Fault, Bad luck, Sort it out yourself”!!!!!

And although I’m not quite sure that I believed her, she said that it didn’t even go anywhere near water!!!!!

Unlucky for her that although, as usual, Samsung copied Apple, they copied other people’s imaginary Apple phone service policy, not Apple’s real one.

TJswish - 26 June 2012 01:18 AM

Yea, so if it’s a 3gs or 3g, it’s cheaper to find a good quality one on Ebay instead lol.

And if you break the glass, they still want $249, even though there are so many shops that will do it for $50.

Ummmmmmm, and people are perfectly welcome to take it to a ‘dodgy brothers’ shop that will “do it for $50”. Apple’s not forcing anyone to use their service. It’s called “choice”.

Mizu Kuma - 26 June 2012 01:21 AM

And if ya really wanna save money, buy a cheap shit Android from Woolworths!!!!!

Or better still, get two empty tin cans and a ball of string!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

chucky - 26 June 2012 01:16 AM

Actually, if your iPhone is broken and it’s completely your fault - even if it’s not under warranty, Apple will replace it with the same model for a flat fee of $249, no matter how bad the damage is. That doesn’t sound much like ‘violation’ to me.

At their discretion of course and doesn’t cover catastrophic damage unfortunately.  That is much better than what is used to be, not sure if they have changed their policy on mac books or mac’s as a couple of mates got violated hard when they had issues with them.

nthnbeachesguy - 26 June 2012 02:18 AM
chucky - 26 June 2012 01:16 AM

At their discretion of course and doesn’t cover catastrophic damage unfortunately.  That is much better than what is used to be, not sure if they have changed their policy on mac books or mac’s as a couple of mates got violated hard when they had issues with them.

You can smash the crap out of your phone and bring it to Apple in pieces, and they’ll replace it. There’s no nasty “at their discretion” loopholes - if it’s legally your phone, they’ll replace it.