The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2012

Dan83 - 13 June 2012 04:17 AM

Thanks for the offer Oz! Will see what’s happening closer to the date.

Back on Topic eh Dan wink

Have the wimps scared you off accepting a lift in the plane?

Next year is the Mexishred in Mexico for Mexicans only then?

Huh?

Nah i was simply stating if you Northerners werent keen to come to the land of Burritos for the shred we would break off from this board and create SouthernBoardworld and have our own shred.

Totally Keen! And will go anywhere, Just saying if it was Hotham I would fly!!

shred

OI bro ill drive to mexico, burritos are awesome and shit.

Hahaha sweet as.

LeBron_MVP - 13 June 2012 04:18 AM

If the rest dont want to come here, you can all get f*cked! we will hold our own shred!  billy

Hahahaha.. BANG! Damn straight deano!! shaka

burritoboardworld.com.au - I like it!

ps. My best mate’s BF charters to hotham, but I’m too sh!t scared to fly in a sardine can… I told them I’d meet them on the hill with the esky… wink http://www.vortexair.com.au/index.php/air-tours/mt-hotham-victoria

Just got home from an epic 5 days down there, what can i say, awesome conditions and had them pretty much all to our selfs. the longest we waited in any line was 2 mins. I got to give a huge shout out to Spaz for hooking us cameras and for also hand delivering them last tuesday such a legend and top bloke. i will be doing an edit of our footage over the next week or so so ill do a bit of a trip report once that is done and post it up then.

so bummed to be home but I’m already planning to drive back down next friday. hahah

once again cheers to the camera spaz shaka

Here is a trailer haha

Lets liven this thread up a bit!

So in a month I am coming down with 43 of my work colleagues and I need to make the trip bomb diggity!

I have already roped Dan in to help me be mountain tour guide.

We are staying at the River Inn, Friday night we will do dinner at the River Inn (leaving Sydney around 2pm) will head on out after dinner with those who want to kick on. But there is already talk of beers on the bus so not sure how long people will last!

On Saturday I am going to get people to meet on the deck area and send those who are doing lessons of in that direction and then take the rest on a a bit of a mountain tour with Dan.

Where should we meet for lunch? Early lunch but then everyone does the same thing after lessons! 40 of us descending on Merritts Mountain Hut wont be easy!! River inn would be good but want them to experience the Mountain. A lot of the people coming are from overseas.

Afternoon have people go off on their own. If there were some advance skiers and boarders (and conditions are good) I might suggest a Dead Horse Gap trip. But will need to coordinate that with Spaz if he is around (you thought you were?)

Saturday night I need a suggestion for dinner with the group. (the company may or may not be paying for this)

I would love them to see the flare run (again might see if a few people want to participate) not sure which is the best apre bar to watch this from (not The Pub. Then maybe do a bit of a pub crawl similar to what we did with the shred lot last year (again relying on you Spaz!)

Sunday each to their own. Am sure people will group by ability then.

Can’t help you with any of that Oz, but what I do know is this ... participating in this forum has the result of placing the participant in a permanent state of jealousy!!!

Haha Bracer!

Sorry!

Sounds great Kim! I’m already looking forward to it. Not really sure about lunch, Merrits is good but so packed always. Maybe recommend to them that they have a meal / drink there at least at some stage, but go somewhere like River Inn, maybe even Bistro. Then again the group may have fragmented by then and Merrits could be an option if the group size is smaller.

Dead Horse Gap sounds good, I’ve never been.

For dinner, the place we went for the shred was good. Where spaz worked. I can’t remember the name. For less fancy, the bistro always has a pretty decent vibe.

Hopefully spaz will be around to lend a hand. I couldn’t think of anyone more qualified to show peeps around Thredbo! How many season is it spaz? 13!?!

14 this year.

Merritt’s has a private dinning room you can book but 40 is pushing the space.
I worked at 3 places last year, I know your talking about Santes - Chorizo/Brazilian style $40pp all you can eat +A. Opens at 5pm.

Bistro food is not where you go to impress, it’s been far from edible 90% of the time I’ve been there. Of course, like women beer goggles can make it better than what it is.

Sorry to hear where your staying Oz. Party hard and you won’t notice the paper thin walls.

Yeah I agree about The Bistro - that’s why I said not The Pub!

I wonder what would be need to secure the private dining space?

I was thinking about the place at the top of High noon. especially if the weather is fine BUT if we have a few total beginners then that prob wont work.

Spaz I know the River Inn is not the greatest but it was the most convenient to organise.

I contacted TRC and they couldn’t find me 40 beds in the one location! We left it too late to organise.

Any suggestion on where to watch the Flare run from Spaz?

Spaz will you be around?

Are you keen on a small Dead Horse group trip?

Or Hosting the Pub Crawl (suspect you wont have to buy a drink all night if you do!

Can Santes take 40 ppl?