The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

You know you’re a bogan when…

When you’re going out with your cousin

When the kids are excited because it is ‘pink soup’ night.
Mum and Dad get hot dogs and the kids get the broth ‘pink soup’ that is left over.
Seriously… This is true

Mizu Kuma - 21 June 2012 12:01 PM
Azz - 21 June 2012 11:57 AM
TJswish - 21 June 2012 08:11 AM

When you know someone named Shazza

or Azza red face

Does the “a” at the end make all the difference?????

(Damn, I hope I’m not a bogan for real)

or Dazza LOL

Who do you hang out with Clax???!!!

You seem to know to much….......... are you a Bogan?

Azz - 21 June 2012 09:18 PM
Mizu Kuma - 21 June 2012 12:01 PM
Azz - 21 June 2012 11:57 AM
TJswish - 21 June 2012 08:11 AM

When you know someone named Shazza

or Azza red face

Does the “a” at the end make all the difference?????

(Damn, I hope I’m not a bogan for real)

or Dazza LOL

Who do you hang out with Clax???!!!

You seem to know to much….......... are you a Bogan?

They’re not my mates. Used to have them as work related hazards for 16 years….. Hence I know way too much about them.

My wife (Claxette) just went crook at me for ripping off people. Karma is going to get me.

clax - 21 June 2012 10:49 PM

My wife (Claxette) just went crook at me for ripping off people. Karma is going to get me.

“ripping off people” or “ripping on people”?????

You do realize that misinterpretation of the English language and it variant slang types, is one of the first signs of “Boganism”!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 21 June 2012 11:56 PM

You do realize that misinterpretation of the English language and it variant slang types, is one of the first signs of “Boganism”!!!!!

cheese
Clarification: making condescending and disparaging comments about those less fortunate than one self.

clax - 22 June 2012 12:19 AM
Mizu Kuma - 21 June 2012 11:56 PM

cheese
Clarification: making condescending and disparaging comments about those less fortunate than one self.

Commonly know as “ripping on people”!!!!!

This comes from the classic form of Boganish, and had you known that like I had then you would’ve most certainly been labeled as a true Bogan…....... hey wait a minute….... “like I had”!!!!!  teacherboy This means…... I AM a Bogan!!!!!  long face

LOL

Is there much difference between the American Redneck and the Australian Bogan?

Of course they have different sayings and social issues to totally disregard, but the philosophy is very similar.

When you find any form of fighting a strong sign of masculinity and come up with excuses for why it is reasonable behaviour.

When you go on a “diet” which entails instead of eating mcdonalds or KFC 4-5 nights a week, you eat hungry jacks or dominos instead and also feed this same food to your 4yr old daughter (true story - one of freddy’s work mates)

When you think there is nothing wrong with drinking and driving (long neck on the way home from work - why not?)

When you can’t see the reason why anyone would want to travel to another country

When you complain that you have no money and fail to see the weirdness that more than half your salary goes to your car loan for your commodore or falcon, your ciggies and your pokie habit.

When you have a massive disdain for any authority figure, especially cops (who are all dogs apparently)

When you could go on about the Anzac spirit and being grateful to the diggers but have not the slightest clue where Gallipolli is, why they were fighting there and which countries were on which side.

When you think that bbqs represent aussie “culture”, like barbies aren’t common in any other place in the world.

Azz - 22 June 2012 12:28 AM

Is there much difference between the American Redneck and the Australian Bogan?

Of course they have different sayings and social issues to totally disregard, but the philosophy is very similar.

I’m pretty sure the only difference is the accent

For one, they drive completely different vehicles!!!!!

Bogan

Redneck

They dress differently too!!!!!

Bogans

Rednecks

Julia can’t be a bogan. Despite what you may think, she cares about politics enough to do something about it. Bogans don’t vote.