The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

You know you’re a bogan when…

So there have been a few articles in the media over the past few days about “bogan” finally being included in the latest version of the Oxford Dictionary.

I was driving in the car today and the topic was mentioned again. It made me wonder what the actual definition of bogan was going to be.

Then I started thinking about all the bogans I know, and what they do from time to time that really defines them as such. I figured it might be fun to start a thread and see what we can all come up with.

I’ll start with this one…

You know you’re a bogan when you post a photo of your baby holding a can/bottle of alcohol, on Facebook.

When ya drive a Holden Commodore?????  smirk

When ya order one of these while dinin out at the local all ya can eat Chinese buffet?????

When ya fashion sense combines these two items in the same ensemble?????

you have a haircut like this

you cook dim sims on the BBQ.  I’m told these are known as “Moe Crays” (as in the Victorian town of Moe)

Sad thing is that besides the dim sims on the Barbie, I have done all of the above!!!!!  LOL

When you have lived in Albion Park Rail

When you know someone named Shazza

when you could only shop at woolies and lowes… like food, flanos, wife beaters, singlets, ruggers, work boots, footy socks and volleys

TJswish - 21 June 2012 08:11 AM

or Azza red face

Azz - 21 June 2012 11:57 AM
TJswish - 21 June 2012 08:11 AM

or Azza red face

Does the “a” at the end make all the difference?????

(Damn, I hope I’m not a bogan for real)

*‘When you buy your kids stroller from Toys R Us
*When your tattoo is spelt incorrectly
*When you’ve put a massive spoiler on the back of your Hyundai Excel
*When you’ve introduce your partner as ‘this is me woman”. And she’s wearing tights pulled up too high (camel toe or if they’re fat moose knuckle), with a mid-rif top with he guts hanging out and greasy hair with an unpopped zit on her forehead. And you’re wearing shitty black corduroy jeans, rubber single pluggers, flanno with a box of durries in the sleeve and a mullet for a hair cut.
* When you live on home brand cola and cheezles
* When you’ve got shopping trolleys collecting on your front lawn
* When you’ve got more than one car collecting on your front lawn

Don’t get me started. They are the bane of my existence.

Hahaha.

When you think the first line of the Australian national anthem is ” I left my heart to the sappers round Khe Sanh “

When ya end each sentence with the phrase “ay”!!!!! Ay!!!!!

When the highlight of ya weekly TV entertainment is The Footy Show!!!!!