The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What cars do you drive for snow

My bro’s rims you can’t get chains on. We have to ski tube if we take that car :(

LeBron_MVP - 19 June 2012 12:46 AM

outbacks look like old person cars. Forresters are hell better looking!

too much subaru in this thread wink

Pedo Bear LOL

Hahahaha that is gold!

hey there,

thanks so much for the feedback and assistance!

Yea im downgrading in terms of economy and power.. something cheaper to run =)

So.. for that reason, i dont mind the newer imprezza or an older model liberty (05, 06).. both cars which I had on my list to look at and drive.

Who has a front wheel drive that they take to the snow? Also looking at mazda 6 luxury sports, mazda 3 sp23

I rate my 2011 Subaru Forester. So much space and so comfy for big trips. Super versatile. It averages 10L/100k for a mix of highway/town.

Amazing how many people have Subaru’s on BW!

didnt know you had a Forry Dan! Post us a pic plz smile

pazza - 19 June 2012 11:12 AM

hey there,

thanks so much for the feedback and assistance!

Yea im downgrading in terms of economy and power.. something cheaper to run =)

So.. for that reason, i dont mind the newer imprezza or an older model liberty (05, 06).. both cars which I had on my list to look at and drive.

Who has a front wheel drive that they take to the snow? Also looking at mazda 6 luxury sports, mazda 3 sp23

I have an SP23 mate and cant fault it. Love my car. For the snow too

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 June 2012 11:59 AM

didnt know you had a Forry Dan! Post us a pic plz smile

Yeah - It’s a work car though, so only leasing it.

Here’s a glory shot of the car haha. The photo is taken on a property out west. I had just crossed the nasty little bridge in the other photo. It was literally millimetres from hitting parts of the underside of the front bar. It did it it a bit better than this subaru brumby though haha.

Front wheel drive is much better than rear in the snow .

Which brings up the point that even if you have 4wd it’s probably better to put chains on the front wheels than the back, that way your power and your steering has grip.

I always thought that was what you were meant to do?

No if you have a RWD, fine you can steer but you’re not going anywhere.  With two sets of chains on a 4by you’re bullet proof though!

no,no,no.no you misread(or i mistyped)

i know on rwd cars they go on the back. im referring to awd/4wd