The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Australians get heaviest Alpine snow this year

oh MAN, why can’t this be next weekend!!??! NOoOoOOOo

lol imagine how i feel i am not going to be on snow till september ...

I’ll make sure I am up there for you guys tongue wink

fuck yeah

Billy - 19 June 2012 10:21 AM

I know. I’m going down next weekend too. Will be great getting a bigger base over this weekend though smile

Thredbo only has Cruiser and High Noon open. Hopefully more is open next weekend…

This weekend keeps looking better and better hey Azz/K2!

Don’t know where to find it but I did say a few months ago; that just after the new moon in June would be the first decent snow fall.
Yesterday was the new moon.

Don’t know if I mentioned it then but after the winter solstice is when winter really begins.

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 10:33 AM

Thredbo only has Cruiser and High Noon open. Hopefully more is open next weekend…

Are patrol stopping you hiking? There’d already be cat tracks all the way from the top of Gunbarrel to the Supertrail, yes?

Then again, it is Thredbo - so although the runs are probably good to go, they’re probably ‘saving’ them for school holidays, and have ‘RUN CLOSED’ signs everywhere.

Would they take your pass if you went on a “closed” run? If not, one option might be to do the traverse from Gunbarrel over to Supertrail and swing back to Gunbarrel.

I’ll be there 29th and 30th. 30th is the first day of School hols so they’re bound to open up more of the mountain anyway.

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 11:22 AM

Would they take your pass if you went on a “closed” run?

Thredbo Patrol can be pretty harsh.

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 11:22 AM

. . . one option might be to do the traverse from Gunbarrel over to Supertrail and swing back to Gunbarrel.

That’s kinda what I had in mind - drop down through the racecourse to stay out of view (basically keeping to your left the whole way down).

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 11:24 AM

I’ll be there 29th and 30th. 30th is the first day of School hols so they’re bound to open up more of the mountain anyway.

Sorry bro - Sydney private school hols start this Friday.

Doh!

Deano will you be up there on the 3rd with K2?

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 10:33 AM
Billy - 19 June 2012 10:21 AM

I know. I’m going down next weekend too. Will be great getting a bigger base over this weekend though smile

I’ll make sure I post up lots of pictures :D I get there Friday