The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2012

Village Quad starts to spin today smile

I decree this day to be Village Loop Day shaka

Sweet!  I’ll be there in 2 weeks.  Forecasts look pretty good!  A little snow until Monday/Tues then more from 21st, more late in the month and then a couple more in early July.

Hopefully they will have heavenly spinning as well by then.

I’ll be there 3-5th july too, staying in harrietville I think!

You are getting heaps of snow time Billy, top effort, your an asset shaka

Woohoo! Chuck a snowie Azz!

That’s your last week of hols k2, will you be up?

5cm overnight, keep going shaka

hells yeh!

We are pretty keen to head up this weekend coming, watching the weather, cams & reports !!!!!

Keep an eye out for Baby Mizu!!!!!

She’s more than likely to be hangin around if she has time off work!!!!!

Azz - 17 June 2012 11:25 AM

We are pretty keen to head up this weekend coming, watching the weather, cams & reports !!!!!

Have decided to hold off heading up till this weekend, might come for a run up at Hotham possibly.
Will let you know closer to the date.

8cm in last 24 hours shaka

from Jane’s:

A cold front crosses southern Victoria overnight. A burst of snow is likely as this comes through, down to around 1500 metres. A high quickly comes in tomorrow.

Then things get interesting. We have a series of strong, cold weather systems on the way.

The first is a cold front that will cross through on Wednesday night - Friday morning, with a trailing trough (or second surge). Another front follows on Saturday morning. Then there is another strong one on Sunday, followed by a cold and unstable stream up from the southwest.

A band of rain crosses the state on Thursday - and alpine regions will see rain quickly change to persistent snow. This persistent snow will continue for days and days, becoming heavier for each front or trough that comes through. Freeze levels are 1200 metres or below from Thursday afternoon.

How much…

2 to 5 cm tonight to early tomorrow.

20 to 30 cm Thursday to Friday morning.

10 to 15 cm Saturday morning.

15 to 25 cm Sunday to early next week.

= 47 to 75 cm by mid-next week.

I was just talking to Shazz from the Board Box, she said it was sunny and the snow was bullet proof today.