The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Double Shiiittteee

How did the gf go?

Are you still sleeping in the tent tonight? Eek

Girlfriend did ok, was doing the bunny slope falling leaf style ok by the end of the day. Going to grab some dinner at the banjo when we get out of here.

Here’s to a speedy recovery, mate!!!!!

Here? Are you at Cooma hospital???

heres to a full and speedy recovery for nthn

nthnbeachesguy - 16 June 2012 09:24 AM

Girlfriend did ok, was doing the bunny slope falling leaf style ok by the end of the day. Going to grab some dinner at the banjo when we get out of here.

They are going to let you out of hospital today? crazy. hope the recovery is fast and not to painful

the snow-forecast forecast looks pretty good for friday sat and sun. Lucky im heading down thursday night

nthnbeachesguy - 16 June 2012 08:53 AM

Ct snd xray reveals I have a fractured vertebrae. Between that and my upcoming surfers ear op I’m out till end of july, they have given me too much morphine to be too upset right now!

Ohhh mate thats f*cked.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

CRACKERS - 16 June 2012 12:27 PM
nthnbeachesguy - 16 June 2012 09:24 AM

They are going to let you out of hospital today? crazy. hope the recovery is fast and not to painful

Yeah they let me out about 9:30pm, drove back to Jindy and then crashed out in the tent.  Woke up this morning feeling ok, packed up and drove home.  Got to Canberra before I needed any more pain meds.  Have to go see my local GP to work out what happens from here but fingers crossed after some physio I will be back end of July early August.

Ahh that sucks nthn, hope meeting me wasn’t a bad omen! welcome to the fractured vertebrae club, hopefully your discs are fine (checked on MRI) as they still give me grief.

Just on our way home now, was good to be back on a board again!

DRC the Doc reckons I’m sweet in that department, said I’m lucky in that all my discs appear to be fine and dandy it’s the vertebrae.

nthnbeachesguy - 17 June 2012 05:01 AM

. . . fingers crossed after some physio I will be back end of July early August.

We’ll all cross our fingers for you!

chucky - 17 June 2012 05:50 AM
nthnbeachesguy - 17 June 2012 05:01 AM

. . . fingers crossed after some physio I will be back end of July early August.

We’ll all cross our fingers for you!

Yes we will!!

Faaark. Seriously sorry to hear it. As someone who did a knee 1 hour into a 7 day trip early in the season I feel your pain. Here’s to a speedy recovery and hopefully your back on the slopes before you know it. Also glad to here there’s no disc involvement.

Cheers guys, will be back better than ever with some luck!