The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What do you want to achieve @ The Shred?

Just wanted to see others thoughts on what they’d like to achieve at this year’s Shred…

Being a novice, i’m thinking i’ll TRY riding switch, see how i go, oh and try more jumps ollie

land on my snowboard upright on the down ramp hahaha

drink at least 24 beers in one sitting.

Dunno, I’ll have to let ya know trick wise closer to the shred! See what I can already do by then

fix up my riding technique.. try n stop this tea pot hand thing going on .. haha

Well i havent even attempted the kicker yet and i cant do even a 180 so i think my goal for the shred will be either front or back 3 off the 30ft’er smile

I want to get there in one piece - driving by myself!!

** side note - I heard a rumour I might get the Thursday off so I might go with you guys k2/deano! Fingers crossed!!!!

Billy - 14 June 2012 08:15 PM

I want to get there in one piece - driving by myself!!

** side note - I heard a rumour I might get the Thursday off so I might go with you guys k2/deano! Fingers crossed!!!!

Fingers crossed that happens for ya Billy!!!

I think attempting switch is a good goal for the shred too.

I will try my hardest to not be reduced to tears cause Holiday Dad, Mizu, our favourite bear / old timer / bald guy / cranky bastard / epic poster will not be there

downer

synchronised mankini flying squirell with Mike aka Nthbeachesguy is my goal

2 look cool in front of everyone.

Ok my goals are going to look rubbish compared to the rest of you haha. I just want to be linking turns well and finally be off beginner runs by the time the Shred comes around.

LeBron_MVP - 14 June 2012 10:29 PM

I will havta get on Ebay to try and find my mankini, should I go with traditional “Borat Yello” or perhaps a nice shade of pink or dark purple hue?

To have last years shredit finished.

Not fall in love so I can put all my heart into the shred instead of a relationship.

Def wanna step it up this Shred and hit some bigger kickers. Wanna fine tun my front3 and lock down my back3.
And just have a heaps of fun with BW

I wouldn’t mind getting my 180’s down better. Also having the balls to go off the 30ft jumps again.

nthnbeachesguy - 14 June 2012 11:15 PM
LeBron_MVP - 14 June 2012 10:29 PM

I will havta get on Ebay to try and find my mankini, should I go with traditional “Borat Yello” or perhaps a nice shade of pink or dark purple hue?

Im open to whatever colour you think will bring out your eyes best.

And to start acting my age (old) instead of believing I’m still in my 20’s. That means not taking on those younger, fitter lads in push up-comps and arm-wrestling so I can sit back being cranky and bald while drinking at a leisurely pace. I might shower more than once a day, grow a goatie and use a GoPro so Azz isn’t reduced to tears.

I’ll draw the line at dislocating my shoulder wink