The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2012

Someone has to start this thread for old faithful… oh oh

Thredbo is not getting much love around here is it…

Gotta give love to get. KT struggle to do kindness let alone love.

I still don’t know what happened, except that i see people aren’t too fond of management?  I’m sure it’s a long story nobody wants to tell anymore.

Anyhoo… i wasn’t planning on a trip this year but have just been offered a place to stay for a few days at the end of aug/early sep so i might end up going down after all.

I also see they have a new logo which i think looks like a rigid piece of poo.

I expected more from this thread… wink did anyone hit Thredbo over the long weekend? I saw mention of a park somewhere!

99.9% certain I will be in Thredbo on 27 & 28th July.

Anyone else think they will be around?

I should be there 29 & 30 June. And hopefully several times after that.

28/29th July?

You are more than welcome to come on the work trip grin

At this stage my boss is flying me! Room for one more!

flying? nice!

Yep in his own plane!

Well he was super keen the other week. Lets see if he actually does it. But most mini pilots are always looking for flight times! Its a 4 seater

^ sick!!! would be nice there in few hours from my home
Where would plane land nearest to snowfield?

Cooma or Jindy.

We have to double check if the plane can land there my parents know a guy from the Aero club in Jindy and on the weekend he seemed pretty confident my boss could. 1hr 20mins from Bankstown grin

Or anywhere from 0-80mins from Bankstown to the next life, flying in a single engine plane to Jindy with a hobby pilot would concern me greatly especially with a part time pilot.  I’m not a nervous flyer either, have had quite a few hairy flights in PNG on both choppers and light planes before but the fact someone does something for a living rather than as a hobby always gave me more confidence!

You know the guy you jumped out of a plane with only does that as a hobby don’t you?

Would rather trust my boss in a plane (that has some hope of landing if something goes wrong!) than ever jump out a plane again!

eh?

Skydive the beach has a full time employed pilot with shitloads of previous flying time. And jumping out of a plane is hella fun!
You cray

No the guy I jumped outta the plane with was a 30yr veteran full time professional skydiver with thousands upon thousands of jumps under his belt.  Your boss would be lucky to have 1000hours flight time at a guess.