The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

june long weekend anybody ???

TJ, where is the ticket office in jindy?... Grocery store part or the other part part? . very descriptive question ha

CRACKERS - 07 June 2012 07:06 AM
ozgirl - 07 June 2012 06:58 AM

Sorry Crackers my family don’t pay for lift passes - bahaha! Sorry couldn’t resist!

I tried to start a list yesterday but nobody copied and pasted :-(

Perisher
Ozgirl
Nthnbeachesguy
Crackers= possible monday

Thinking of coming down with two friends Sunday after my game. anyone got any ideas for a nights cheap accom?
bout to ring the backpackers…..whats the other cheap place?pcyc?  maybe there is a thread about that already someone could point me to? Ive never actually stayed in Jindi before, always been working/sleeping on snow and i just realised I forget all the options!

Maybe the LJH?

Or the backpackers!

Don’t go out to the station and I will come meet you for beers!

fmf - 07 June 2012 07:23 AM

TJ, where is the ticket office in jindy?... Grocery store part or the other part part? . very descriptive question ha

Nuggets Crossing! out the front.

thanks ozgirl!

Coop3 - 06 June 2012 08:55 AM

Agreed. I love rollercoaster. I have a mate that may not agree though. We were racing on the top section, he got some great air and landed flat on his face. It was so weird having someone beside me, going just as fast flat on their stomach. He then accidently dug the nose of his board into the snow…bye bye board :-( snap!

About ten or so years ago, I was flying down Rollercoaster early on a Saturday morning with some friends, going pretty much as fast as I could. I’d spotted two people up ahead, dicking around in the bushes off the side of the trail. They were still in the same spot as we drew closer, so I didn’t think much of it - but as we were just about on top of them, one of these dickheads shot out from the side of the trail (without looking uphill at all), straight across in front of me! The further I changed course to avoid him, the more he kept coming across! He broke two of my ribs when we collided - but I did so much damage to him, he had broken bone protruding through his skin. Riding the rest of the weekend was painful for me, but that moron was out for the season.

Sorry Crackers my family don’t pay for lift passes - bahaha! Sorry couldn’t resist!

Perisher
Ozgirl
Nthnbeachesguy

Thinking of coming down with two friends Sunday after my game. anyone got any ideas for a nights cheap accom?
bout to ring the backpackers…..whats the other cheap place?pcyc?  maybe there is a thread about that already someone could point me to? Ive never actually stayed in Jindi before, always been working/sleeping on snow and i just realised I forget all the options!

$79 for a room at The Station (sleeps six) with your Perisher Freedom pass.

Price good!

Negative - no beers with Oz!

Actually it is my dads birthday so i don’t think i can escape on the sunday… carry on.

chucky - 07 June 2012 07:41 AM

Agreed. I love rollercoaster. I have a mate that may not agree though. We were racing on the top section, he got some great air and landed flat on his face. It was so weird having someone beside me, going just as fast flat on their stomach. He then accidently dug the nose of his board into the snow…bye bye board :-( snap!

About ten or so years ago, I was flying down Rollercoaster early on a Saturday morning with some friends, going pretty much as fast as I could. I’d spotted two people up ahead, dicking around in the bushes off the side of the trail. They were still in the same spot as we drew closer, so I didn’t think much of it - but as we were just about on top of them, one of these dickheads shot out from the side of the trail (without looking uphill at all), straight across in front of me! The further I changed course to avoid him, the more he kept coming across! He broke two of my ribs when we collided - but I did so much damage to him, he had broken bone protruding through his skin. Riding the rest of the weekend was painful for me, but that moron was out for the season.

Hahahaha serves the knob right for not looking uphill prior to going across a run.

The filthy scumbags wanted to sue me. A skier (who was qualified in first aid) saw the whole thing, and she stopped and helped out the dickhead until patrol got there - and he and his mate tried to get her to collaborate their made-up story, blaming me. Sucks for them the skier was my mate’s girlfriend. People who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions are the lowest of the low - but that’s what living in a politically correct nanny state gets you.

Looks like I’m on the solo mission, the cats cannot be herded so they miss out! Probably going to try sneak away about 2pm from the city and camp in jindy. Anyone going to be around jindy friday night? Failing that will be riding perisher all day, don’t expect it will be worth heading to bluecow.

chucky - 07 June 2012 07:41 AM

That would have killed. Glad you were ok (long term) and not too serious. I’ve only had two injuries on snow and one of them came from similar circumstances (except I was standing on a mound of snow at Nth Perisher off to the side waiting for a friend to catch up..on skis..I know I know). Two girls flew out of the trees above completely out of control (and lost) and knocked me off my perch backwards. Rapid snow plough backwards on a black = tear tendons clean off the bone. Both my snow related injuries have been skiing evil

nthnbeachesguy - 07 June 2012 10:29 AM

Looks like I’m on the solo mission, the cats cannot be herded so they miss out! Probably going to try sneak away about 2pm from the city and camp in jindy. Anyone going to be around jindy friday night? Failing that will be riding perisher all day, don’t expect it will be worth heading to bluecow.

I will see you on the freeway!

chucky - 07 June 2012 07:45 AM

Perisher
Ozgirl
Nthnbeachesguy

$79 for a room at The Station (sleeps six) with your Perisher Freedom pass.

The station is full this weekend! plus my friends that are staying there said that they were harged them more than $79 cause the station said that they reserve the right to increase prices according to demand…..what the?

ozgirl - 07 June 2012 07:25 AM

Perisher
Ozgirl
Nthnbeachesguy

Maybe the LJH?

Or the backpackers!

Don’t go out to the station and I will come meet you for beers!

I probs wont get down there until late sunday unfortunately! my game is at 3 in the gong….eek. definitely keen to catch up some time! ill be down the sunday after as well actually and maybe that monday night!

CRACKERS - 07 June 2012 01:52 PM

The station is full this weekend! plus my friends that are staying there said that they were harged them more than $79 cause the station said that they reserve the right to increase prices according to demand…..what the?

Dude, that bites.