The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2012

Hahaha Billy, Tricky Ricky was playing too tongue laugh

K2, that is a true story smile

So who is going to be up there next weekend?

I forgot to mention and failed to get a pic red face there is a pile of snow at the Big D load as big as the second story and as long as the building ready to be pushed onto the run shaka

Azz - 03 June 2012 06:22 AM

So who is going to be up there next weekend?

Will make a decision once I know what’s going to be open.

If I do go will drive up saturday, back monday. Not going to bother if it’s just big D.

Yeah I might go up! Might be staying in Harrietville with a friend. TBA though - will know more on Wed! My plans have done a 360 over the past week!!!

Webcams and images being posted by crew show that its starting to look pretty good shaka

Have you heard if they’re able to open anything Azz?

Yeah waiting to hear what they are going to open.

Any idea on when they’ll announce it?

I’d guess as soon as they are sure.

Waiting for a guru on another site to announce, they seem to have a finger on the pulse smile

Our lodge managers went up today from H’Ville side, said it was the scariest trip they have ever done up the mountain.
From Blowhard up was white out and the wind was sliding the car around.
They got in behind the snowplough and it had snow flying over the top of it big surprise

2 and a half weeks till my mates and I go down for the week! none of us have been to Hotham before but can’t wait especially with the recent snow falls! Are there anythings that are must do’s in Hotham?

swizzy - 05 June 2012 11:59 AM

2 and a half weeks till my mates and I go down for the week! none of us have been to Hotham before but can’t wait especially with the recent snow falls! Are there anythings that are must do’s in Hotham?

Genny.
Beers on Swindlers balcony
Steins at Zirky’s
oh and snowboard if you get a chance.

I like your style, kneeboard! wink billy

You forgot catch a Harry the Snow Dragon show !!!!!

Azz - 05 June 2012 08:48 PM

You forgot catch a Harry the Snow Dragon show !!!!!

how about a ride on the Dragon Wagon?

Nah, I know the guy that drives it, could be fatal LOL

MEDIA RELEASE:

Following good early snowfalls and excellent snowmaking conditions, Hotham Alpine Resort is excited to be the first resort in Victoria to announce lift openings for Season 2012.

On Saturday June 9, Hotham will open three lifts - Big D Quad Chairlift, Summit Trainer Poma and Upper Playground Double Chairlift.

To celebrate the season opening, a special deal on lift only passes will see $5 from every Adult Lift Only pass donated to Merlin Entertainment Groups very own charity, “Merlin’s Magic Wand”.  Merlin is the new owner of Hotham Alpine Resort.

Merlin’s Magic Wand is a global children’s charity, aiming to provide magical experiences for those who are seriously ill, disabled or disadvantaged.  At Hotham we hope that the funds raised may assist some of these children to access our beautiful resort this winter to enjoy a skiing or snowplay experience.  The funds also go towards transport for the children to Merlin attractions.

Lift prices are:
1 DAY LIFT ONLY
Adult:  $49 – with $5 from every ticket to be donated to Merlin’s Magic Wand
Youth:  $39
Child:  $24
* Kids 5 and under ski free when accompanied by a paying adult  

To celebrate the start of the Snow Australia Learn to Ski & Board Month, Hotham is offering great deals for beginner lessons…

1 DAY LEARN TO SKI (LIFT & LESSON)
Adult:  $79
Youth: $69
Child:  $69

Snowsports Lessons are available for levels 1 to level 3 from the Hotham Central Snowsports Centre for adults & youths with children lessons from the Big D, Kids Snowzone.