The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

june long weekend anybody ???

when does blue cow and mount P normally open?

i would assume it would be depending on the conditions and how much snow but just a reference anyone?

It all depends on the snow!

On ski.com.au there is a whole thread abut how many cms are needed.

But with snow making that kind stuffs it! And Perisher spent $600k on upgrading Blue Cow snowmaking this summer.

wasnt that 600k all on rollercoaster?

Does Ski Patrol need a snowboarder to jump on a snowmobile and help out with run evaluation from a snowboard perspective?  I will sacrifice a day to help….......

Seriously though how hard would it be to open the whole centre area, Leichardt Tbar through to Pretty Valley chair.  It’s not like they haven’t had early starts before and couldn’t have a contingency plan in place to get the staff required.  They’re happy enough to take your money early in the season but seems like they don’t want to spend extra on staff.  I’m just having a whinge in advance cause I’m a little concerned about how busy it will be with just front valley open!

deanogoose - 06 June 2012 06:31 AM

Yes!!

nthnbeachesguy - 06 June 2012 06:33 AM

Does Ski Patrol need a snowboarder to jump on a snowmobile and help out with run evaluation from a snowboard perspective?  I will sacrifice a day to help….......

We have our own snowboarders - Sorry!

But yes i hear you on the whinge…

That fact that they rely on…. well not going to finish that sentance!

ozgirl - 06 June 2012 06:49 AM
deanogoose - 06 June 2012 06:31 AM

Yes!!

Thats awesome, i love that run. Highspeed runs of death FTW

Yep, one of the best runs in Perisher!

Pretty Valley is always a late opener / early closer due to the lower elevation and flatter run. At best you could get Mt P, Happy Valley, Goats Gulley and Front Valley open and maybe a few in Blue Moo.

TJswish - 06 June 2012 07:39 AM

Pretty Valley is always a late opener / early closer due to the lower elevation and flatter run. At best you could get Mt P, Happy Valley, Goats Gulley and Front Valley open and maybe a few in Blue Moo.

no worries tanks heaps. hopefully it snows a decent amount between now and the weekend to open a few more runs up smile otherwise will just have to make another trip in the next few weeks smile

Agreed. I love rollercoaster. I have a mate that may not agree though. We were racing on the top section, he got some great air and landed flat on his face. It was so weird having someone beside me, going just as fast flat on their stomach. He then accidently dug the nose of his board into the snow…bye bye board :-( snap!

Lachillingworth - 06 June 2012 08:55 AM
TJswish - 06 June 2012 07:39 AM

no worries tanks heaps. hopefully it snows a decent amount between now and the weekend to open a few more runs up smile otherwise will just have to make another trip in the next few weeks smile

Lochie,

I don’t even if it buckets down that they will have much more open than TJ listed. They won’t have the staff :-(

But i will be v surprised if they don’t have that open.

Bloody hell it’s minus 8 there at the moment and appears as if the snow guns are firing on front valley and Mt P, this looks damn nice up the top of Olympic as well.

Photobucket

Will probably be heading down from Sydney about 3pm Friday arvo!

Ah a flaw in your theory! They don’t take as much money shoulder season.

What do you mean by shoulder season Spaz?  If they didn’t open a week early there wouldn’t have been any income at all, pure expenses from running snowguns and groomers to setup for opening weekend, a cost that would have been factored already.  Then they open early and start earning an unfactored income but still don’t push for much to be open.  The customer is always farken right and I am a farken customer ha ha ha!