The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

blizzard_22 - 03 June 2012 03:52 AM

Today’s report said it should continue to snow until Tuesday. All the cams are looking very nice!!!

haha! Of course they wont mention a chance of the major clear snow event!

Optimistic snow reporting is in full swing on day 2 of the season!

Anyone else surprised that they include footage of clearly closed runs??

CRACKERS - 03 June 2012 03:53 AM

Is anyone else interested in doing a Perisher combined video edit….say everyone from BW who rides at perisher gets a 20second slot in a final short edit or some such?
Everyone can send in some of their bettter clips from the season and get gets edited into the short film? Could be fun and it seems like most people have access to some sort of video camera…...or can ride with someone in the crew that does at some stage.

Crackers i hate to say it but that is an absolutely freakin CRACKER of an idea!

Sadly there are reports of the clear stuff already :-(

today was an alright day to just muck about on the hill, visibility went from bad to worse and snow turned to rain, but the elbow deep pow and mini park was fun smile
who else was up there today?

Looks like so much fun!

Photobucket

Are there any jumps yet? someone pllleeeeease give me a detailed park update????

ozgirl - 03 June 2012 03:59 AM
CRACKERS - 03 June 2012 03:53 AM

Is anyone else interested in doing a Perisher combined video edit….say everyone from BW who rides at perisher gets a 20second slot in a final short edit or some such?
Everyone can send in some of their bettter clips from the season and get gets edited into the short film? Could be fun and it seems like most people have access to some sort of video camera…...or can ride with someone in the crew that does at some stage.

Crackers i hate to say it but that is an absolutely freakin CRACKER of an idea!

I reckon it could be fun! I could edit it or maybe Spaz or someone else with editing nous wants to help?

CRACKERS - 04 June 2012 01:51 AM

Are there any jumps yet? someone pllleeeeease give me a detailed park update????

NBG photo above shows jumps!

Are you going to come down?

I have two ways to hear a lift update so if i do hear anything I will post her ASAP.

ozgirl - 04 June 2012 03:14 AM

Are you going to come down?

I have two ways to hear a lift update so if i do hear anything I will post her ASAP.

Yeah it would be great if you could keep us posted ozgirl.

RPS messaged me 10mins ago asking if I was keen this weekend. I have a few reasons I’d rather delay it until the week after one of them being limited lifts/runs open. I think a lot will depend on what happens with the weather today/tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the physio gives me some good news tonight which will aid in the decision making!

Actually seems to be just ramps to the rails not actual jumps.

From the P website

PS Slopestyle park:Right line: 6m down box, 6m corry pipe & pole jam
                  Left line: Gap to 6m down box, 3m flat box & 3m flat box

Tob Thumb Park: mini- 3m box, 5m down rail & corry pipe

nthnbeachesguy - 04 June 2012 03:31 AM

Actually seems to be just ramps to the rails not actual jumps.

Thats what i was thinking.

ozgirl - 04 June 2012 03:11 AM
CRACKERS - 04 June 2012 01:51 AM

NBG photo above shows jumps!

I don’t see anything that is definitely a jump….that is why i am asking???

by the way i spent about 10 minutes trying to work out what NBG meant…..hahaha I am a little slow.

NBG= New Board is Good ha ha ha ha.