The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher app now available on Android

Hi Guys

This app was iPhone only last season (I was a little bit jealous) but it looks like Perisher have caught up with the times and released the “Perisher” app for android.

You can grab it from the play store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.resortstapped.PERISHER&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yZXNvcnRzdGFwcGVkLlBFUklTSEVSIl0.

Description

Perisher is your unique and comprehensive guide to Perisher Resort, all at your fingertips.
• See which runs are groomed and which closed. Locate yourself on the Perisher trail map —- not a hard-to-read GPS map.†
• Locate your friends on the trail map and let them locate you, courtesy of Google Latitude or Fire Eagle location sharing services.†
• Record your runs and log vertical metres and distance. Display your tracks and replay your runs on the trail map. Email images to friends, post them to Facebook, or view them in Google Earth.†
• Find up-to-date information about the mountain, including snow conditions, weather, and snowcam images.
• Get up-to-the-minute lift status information.
• Quickly find information about lessons and other programs and amenities.
• Easily locate and contact key places at the resort with the built in directory.
• Learn about events from the events calendar.
• Get the latest news from Perisher via the resort’s Twitter feed and Facebook posts.
† Location and Logging services require a GPS-equipped phone.

Now all i need is to get my hands on an android phone that will let me install the app as it says my device isnt compatible for some stupid reason.

4ce_full - 29 May 2012 08:50 AM

Now all i need is to get my hands on an android phone that will let me install the app as it says my device isnt compatible for some stupid reason.

Have you tried sideloading the apk file? It’s working well on my GS2, You could extract the apk pretty easily off Jess’s phone.

Edit:
I’m feeling helpful so just extracted the apk from my phone and uploaded it here if you want to give it a go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31851268/Perisher_1.0.apk

Thanks mate, will give it a go when i am at work tomoz (my usb cable is plugged into my work desktop)

The only time i will see perisher is at the shred but i downloaded it any…

I got the app. It’s running really well on my phone. I like it.