The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone heard the rumor….

Hell yes! So damn keen!

Boardworld had the scoop, almost (I posted on my FaceBook page first)

A brief rundown of the Canberra times article.

Perisher will be opening its ski fields on Saturday following heavy early snowfalls, low temperatures and continued snow-making.

The decision to open a week early means the resort will be the first to open this season.

Perisher chief executive Peter Brulisauer says: ‘‘We are really excited for a great 2012 winter season and we can’t wait to share all of the improvements we’ve made to the resort with our guests.’’

Katlin Hackney from the Cooma Visitors Centre says she has already handled an increase in enquiries about road conditions.

‘‘There are people coming through now to just play in the snow. I think the serious skiers tend to wait.’’
Ms Hackney says the early opening will boost trade for Cooma businesses as Canberra day trippers pass through on their way to the ski fields.

Yep, you called it spaz!

I can confirm this. I was just talking to my friends already working at Perisher and they say we are definitely opening this Saturday the 2nd of June!!!

And I don’t have my season pass till I start instructing, DAMMIT SMIGGINS rage
But good work Perisher snow makers and groomers shaka

dont get too excited just yet… its spose to rain!... Ill may be there if the weathers nice..

Yep just saw the forecast myself but with 6days the weather could change completely.

Will have to do a good study of the charts and my favourite snow predictors and make a decision. For me I’ll be leaving Thirroul around 3am which will get me there around 8am, I have to get back to Thirroul at some time in the evening for work. It will be 10hrs driving for a few hours riding FV. Not very tempting though I’ve done more for less.

Bit behind the times there Rider wink

That’s why he has us minions doing his work.

BTW Thredbo aims to open June 6th as well. They may try and trump P by remaining open.

I’ve got to say hats off to them. Putting cheap tix and lessons on is great (not to mention letting pass holders ride albeit for a small donation). Great initiative. Hope they get a few through and smash last years 25k raised for the local community.