The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A Loose Alliance Pirate Day 2012

Whats the accomm options and costs?

Where do you stay.

I had to google to see where it was red face

Adaminaby, Old Adaminaby or Angler’s reach are the best options. We have booked through Snowy mountains holiday centre the last two years. As soon as my uni shoite is done for the semester (last assignment due this weds), I’ll be on the phone to them to see what they have available for that weekend and try and let everyone know.

Staying in Adaminaby is the shortest drive to the slopes and has the convenience of a pub/bakery/mini mart/petrol etc. Seeing as you guys are coming as a family, maybe you’d want to get a little cottage yourselves? Freddy and I will be in bed earlyish wherever we are staying but can’t make any guarantees about any other people we might be sharing with. Have a look at the SMHC website though if you’re thinking about somewhere, Azz!

One of the caravan parks at Angler’s reach has a big cabin thing that sleeps 20 people (mostly single beds), i’ll be enquiring about that, but angler’s reach adds another 15mins drive onto the trip, so its nearly an hour up to mt.selwyn from there….There are a few places in adaminaby that hold 10-12 as well so I’ll just see what is available. We had a house in adaminaby last year that slept 8 but I think we squeezed 10 in with BYO fold out mattresses etc. We only paid $40 each or something crazy cheap for both nights, too.

Can you PM me your email, Azz? Got something to send you bout accommo.

spaz - 26 May 2012 11:14 PM

So your not willing to ferry people to and fro Syd-Cooma?  smirk

The date looks good for PP to attend - we already have a ship built!

Sorry - yes both directions. I am not sure how helpful i really will be though!

Can’t guarantee what time I will leave SYD on the Friday And i wouldn’t be in Cooma til prob 7.30 on the Sunday night.

But the offer is there!

My parents are members of Cabramurra Ski Club. I will ask the about the possibility of you guys renting a house of two in Cabra if you like?

sure that would be great. how many people do they sleep and how much would it be? What facilities are in cabramurra? I’ve never been there. How far is it to drive from there to selwyn?

Well there is the ski club - but I think someone would have to be a member.

But they used to rent out 4 beds houses. Not 100% on all the details but happy to ask my parents to ask the question.

Cabra isn’t that exciting you guys would def be making your own party but is only a 15min drive from Selwyn.

There is a general store and there was a pub (the town is not as bustling as it used to be and even then wasn’t very exciting)

Azz - 26 May 2012 02:26 PM

Seriously considering coming.
Be myself, Tambo, Wildman and Mini Shred.

Is it kid friendly? Would be a massive day for us, 10 hours drive and 6 hours on snow…....... worth it?

Selwyn itself is very kid friendly. Its really mainly a family/kids resort, passes are a little cheaper than the big resorts and the food costs etc are fairly good. Usually they have two parks a mini learners one with maybe two boxes and a rail or bonk and a roller to hit and then the normal park.both can be accessed from the lift that you can buy a park pass for. The run is pretty flat though so its really only good for riding the park or for beginners on the other run. Otherwise its better off getting a whole mountain pass.

The accommodation at Adaminaby is actually very cheap. Anyway you could swing it to stay sat night as well?

blizzard_22 - 27 May 2012 12:41 AM

Will talk to Dark and static, dark loves dressing and talking like a pirate!

get him down there! what about foolsball?

CRACKERS - 27 May 2012 09:22 AM

Season shouldn’t be kicking off until the weekend after shaka traditionally it starts last weekend in August.

blizzard_22 - 27 May 2012 09:24 AM

Season shouldn’t be kicking off until the weekend after shaka traditionally it starts last weekend in August.

They play in summer in all that gear? crazy!

CRACKERS - 28 May 2012 05:37 AM
blizzard_22 - 27 May 2012 09:24 AM

They play in summer in all that gear? crazy!

August to November, and yep can get very hot for the poor guys! The Juniors play Feb to Apr gulp

really wanted to come this year. But my best friends bet ya to the punch. Going to falls for the first time since their baby and they booked in this weekend at the family appartmetn at falls. so stayin there with them.
If they cant make it for some reason, ill come for sure!!!

CRACKERS, we would love to come but we’re only getting back from Canada on the 19th. If anything changes I’ll let you know.

i considered going but im not keen on that drive from mexico so, no dice