The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Need some help from the computer experts on BW

Haha! I don’t.

My first contacts didn’t correct my vision (they still don’t but are better) and legally I wasn’t allowed to drive at night whilst wearing them!

It amazes me the amount of people who have vision worst than me but don’t wear contacts or glasses! Freaks me out!

Thanks for all the valuable info guys, appreciate it cool smile

I didn’t know you could plug a laptop via HDMI into a monitor. I know you can into a TV. Very good to know.

While i would still mainly use the laptop screen, I don’t think I can really justify an extra $400 for the better res/quality screen… And i already have a blu-ray player for my TV.

Blizzard, I’m guessing Static built a PC tower not a laptop though, right? I really want a laptop. Plus i don’t know how to build a PC anyway. So far this is the best laptop deal I’ve found.

Dan83 - 28 May 2012 03:46 AM

Thanks for all the valuable info guys, appreciate it cool smile

I didn’t know you could plug a laptop via HDMI into a monitor. I know you can into a TV. Very good to know.

While i would still mainly use the laptop screen, I don’t think I can really justify an extra $400 for the better res/quality screen… And i already have a blu-ray player for my TV.

Blizzard, I’m guessing Static built a PC tower not a laptop though, right? I really want a laptop. Plus i don’t know how to build a PC anyway. So far this is the best laptop deal I’ve found.

Yeah HDMI tends to be my connection of choice for quality/ease of connection.

Keep in mind that if you have to use a DVI adaptor (if your monitor doesn’t have a HDMI connection) it won’t carry the audio signal like HDMI-HDMI does. This isn’t really an issue though as you’ll have a number of other audio output options should you need.

1080p anti-glare screens on laptops are really sweet but I agree 50% on top of the laptop price is a bit rich. As for the bluray drives, do people actually still watch video off physical media???  tongue wink

You can custom build your own laptops but in this price bracket it’s nearly completely irellevent and for $800 and for what you seem to be planning on using the laptop for the dell should be more than enough.

I did it… bought the laptop cheese

Straight onto the credit card.

What did u get Dan

The Dell laptop listed on the first page.

Pretty fast and cheap.

Dan83 - 28 May 2012 12:27 PM

I did it… bought the laptop cheese

Straight onto the credit card.

Congrats hopefully you enjoy it mate considering it nearly started WW3 on the forums! smile

raspberry

dan just quietly i think you should be band for asking computer questions just saying even this thread almost went sideways. raspberry

lanox - 29 May 2012 03:55 AM

even this thread almost went sideways. raspberry

What how???

ozgirl - 29 May 2012 04:18 AM
lanox - 29 May 2012 03:55 AM

even this thread almost went sideways. raspberry

What how???

i though there was some overclocking dispute happening or something on those lines or maybe i am high on crack.

No dispute - an explanation which was then agreed with. LOL

Yep on crack or i think your are looking for fights Lano wink

gee oz   thanks ay i though we where buddy’s, i would never do that i am innocent….. and i did say ALMOST..