The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where to stay - NSW

I have stayed on snow at Perisher, at Perisher Manor. Beautiful hotel, good food and great service. Just expensive gulp

ozgirl - 28 May 2012 09:32 AM

In Jindy Coop recommends The Three Ways. http://www.stayz.com.au/88736

And there is always my parents - Beejays. But depends on how much space you want. Wouldn’t recommend for more that 2 young kids as it is only a one bedder.
http://www.stayz.com.au/94055. But they are booked already for NSW school holidays. Also if you did want to book contact me don’t use stayz. grin

awesome, thanks Oz I will suss it out.

blizzard_22 - 28 May 2012 09:52 AM

I have stayed on snow at Perisher, at Perisher Manor. Beautiful hotel, good food and great service. Just expensive gulp

My mate worked the cocktail bar there 2 seasons ago. Best gig, was earning over $700 a week, riding everyday until 2pm then working till midnight-ish

And he gave us free drinks all afternoon

When we stayed there 2008 I think we had a pommy bartender in the cocktail bar. Nice guy!

There are club lodges in perisher, pretty sure the ones around the telemark t bar are club lodges….you just have to be a member or book through a member I think

CRACKERS - 28 May 2012 02:07 PM

There are club lodges in perisher, pretty sure the ones around the telemark t bar are club lodges….you just have to be a member or book through a member I think

Yeah, that’s the problem.  It looks like all the NSW club lodges I’ve found online are member-only or require member referral.

Mudhoney - 28 May 2012 11:00 PM

Yeah, that’s the problem.  It looks like all the NSW club lodges I’ve found online are member-only or require member referral.

Arent all club lodges like that? or is it different here in Mexico?

deanogoose - 28 May 2012 11:02 PM
Mudhoney - 28 May 2012 11:00 PM

Arent all club lodges like that? or is it different here in Mexico?

I haven’t done a big survey, but have a look at the link for the one I posted.  As long as there is bed availability, anyone can book.  I’ve done this at at least two other lodges here as well and I get the sense there is even a bit of competition between lodges to fill vacant beds.  The money from guests goes to maintaining the lodge and helps keep costs down for members.

I am actually a member at an off-mountain lodge near Buller which costs peanuts, but yeah, off mountain…

ohhh i see.

Yeah did Azz say there were two different times to book at his lodge? ie first dibs to the members then free for all (not dollar wise tho!) for everyone else a couple of weeks later?

ozgirl - 29 May 2012 09:10 AM

Yeah did Azz say there were two different times to book at his lodge? ie first dibs to the members then free for all (not dollar wise tho!) for everyone else a couple of weeks later?

yeah i think that’s how it normally works.  I was damned lucky to get 2 weeks in the school hols this year!

The Lodge at smiggins is member owned but I think anyone can stay there. its not cheap though. There is a few other cheaper ones in smiggins that anyone can stay at

ozgirl - 28 May 2012 09:21 AM

Reasonable on snow accom for a family is Smiggins Hotel. I hear a lot of good rec’s for it. They really look after the kids there. They have a kids club,  separate dinner etc.

Sponars Chalet is a little further down the hill - but may be cheaper there. Coop has stayed there and enjoyed it.

A little further down the hill is Ski Rider. Cheap and cheerful. And full of families during the school holidays I assume.

I’ve stayed at ski rider before with family, two families actually during the school holidays and it was fun. They include a shuttle bus to smiggins from memory?... Though it’s not directly on the snow.

However when we stayed it was super cheap… last time I looked the prices have gone up not sure if that is still the case this season?

EDIT: just double checked that free shuttle and yeah it’s to Perisher 9 times daily.