The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

You know its winter when…........

You drag this beast out of storage and you mates are coming around for a waxing session.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/837/

How do you know its almost time again?

Usually it starts with the ESS rail jam then snow expo then packing your stuff and mounting bindings so its all good to pack in the car ready to GTFO of sydney…

I have to giggle. Having moved to Brissy earlier in the year, its funny to see how people cope. I was in Melbourne the other week and it was 14-17 degrees most days and nobody seemed bothered. 20 degrees here in Brisbane yesterday and everyone was rugged up in scarves, beenies and winter coats.

i have pulled my board out and ensured the bindings are set correctly/screws are tight/stickers are good to go

plus did a few butters in the lounge room until the missus cracked the shits

You seriously need to have words with your girl !!!!!

Been doing that as well deano looking at the addiction vids and practicing lol although boss hasn’t seen
Me as I do it while she is away.

tell her she can butter all she wants in th kitchen raspberry

Azz - 27 May 2012 03:24 AM

You seriously need to have words with your girl !!!!!

Haha if i want dinner cooked i need to make compromises

I know its winter when I have to cart wood in for the fire!!!!!

the itch to scrape off the summer wax is getting pretty strong.  Got all the clothes out to check they still fit the kids.

You know it’s winter when the the leaves fall off the trees, it gets cold and the sun is not up for long.

I know it’s winter when I’m furiously trying to write reports, meanwhile being sidetracked by weather reports and snow cams!!!
Arrrrrrggh I hate reports!!

You know its winter when you drive up to baw baw on a sunday, set up a few benches and tables and go shred! ollie
P.S just got home. grin

When you go for your first visit to McDonalds for the season!

Yuck! such a love/hate relationship!

Koper - 27 May 2012 07:26 AM

You know its winter when you drive up to baw baw on a sunday, set up a few benches and tables and go shred! ollie
P.S just got home. grin

How was it?

You know its winter when you’re wearing bed socks, uggies, skins, trackies, singlet, t-shirt, jumper and beanie before the sun has even gone away properly!