The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Stale Sandbech Triple Underflip 1260

nah I see what sam is saying about the spinning and flipping axis. I followed when he said it the first way but then when he corrected himself that also ended up making better sense. If you were to draw an X and Y axis on your screen when you’re watching the move, the flipping rider would be rotating around the horizontal one and spinning around the vertical one.

SamNZ - 23 May 2012 12:49 AM

Oh don’t do that to me. I’m far too confused already!

I had just spent time thinking about it, I thought seeing as you could shove a vertical skewer through your head and you’d be spinning around it, you’re spinning on a vertical axis? And you’re rotating around the horizontal when you’re flipping??

I don’t know… I guess it doesn’t really matter…

Hahahaa, yeah that’s how I mentally depicted it also!!!!!

Just depends where the skewer is????? Head to Toe, or Hip to Hip (Much the same as Nose to Tail on the board, and probably where most tricks are depicted/described by?????)

Hahah I’m confused maybe from now one I’ll just call a trick “upside down 3 times with some spins mixed in it”

skip11 - 23 May 2012 05:22 AM

Hahah I’m confused maybe from now one I’ll just call a trick “upside down 3 times with some spins mixed in it”

hahaha, yeah that’ll work!  LOL