The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

::: THE MAIN eVENT THREAD :::

Mizu Kuma - 23 May 2012 04:22 AM
Billy - 23 May 2012 04:12 AM

More venting - I also can’t stand rude strangers!!!! I’ve encountered 3 in the last week! What happened to being polite and having manners??

Yeah, like when ya hold a door open for someone, and ya don’t even get a smile at the very least!!!!!

I have taken to yellin out “That’s okay, don’t mention it” whenever this happens!!!!! And it seems to happen a great deal theses days!!!!!

rage

if i dont get an acknowledgement from them i will let go of the door and make it hit them when they are half way through.

lol mean but serves them right….

Mizu Kuma - 23 May 2012 02:55 AM

I hate it when someone inadvertently gets a song stuck in ya head!!!!!

I’ve been singin Click go the Shears for the last hour!!!!!

Thanks cords!!!!!  rage

this might help get it out of your head (the Leunig classic “Ramming the Shears”)

Mizu Kuma - 23 May 2012 04:22 AM
Billy - 23 May 2012 04:12 AM

More venting - I also can’t stand rude strangers!!!! I’ve encountered 3 in the last week! What happened to being polite and having manners??

Yeah, like when ya hold a door open for someone, and ya don’t even get a smile at the very least!!!!!

I have taken to yellin out “That’s okay, don’t mention it” whenever this happens!!!!! And it seems to happen a great deal theses days!!!!!

rage

I have an interesting one. In my role i meet and great a lot of clients on behalf of my boss.

They are a guest of mine/ours so i hold the door or lift and say “after you”, they then insist I go first - cause i am female (which i think is lovely in this day and age) but sometimes it is awkward!

rider26 - 23 May 2012 04:27 AM

I can’t stand adverts popping up on YouTube videos! rage

I know how frustrating “No Defence I do not care about Housing!” LOL

I hate that I’ve run out of scotch! What the hell am I suppose to do now?!

I have run out of raspberry vodka!

its shocking!

I call shenanigans on everything! There’s an alcohol thief out there somewhere!

Where is billy…

ozgirl - 23 May 2012 10:44 AM

I have run out of raspberry vodka!

its shocking!

Put redskins in a bottle of vodka and let it sit for a few days grin

A bar in the Gong used to have about 10 bottles of Absolut vodka with various things in each (redskins, hubba bubba, skittles etc)

Deano where did you stay in Vegas?, last time i went i stayed at Venison but this time i am thinking staying at encore something different the only thing is i cant remember how far it is from everything i remmber it was not in the middle of the strip like venison, looking at the Google maps it says its 20 min from encore to balagio ......

lanox - 23 May 2012 10:48 PM

Deano where did you stay in Vegas?, last time i went i stayed at Venison but this time i am thinking staying at encore something different the only thing is i cant remember how far it is from everything i remmber it was not in the middle of the strip like venison, looking at the Google maps it says its 20 min from encore to balagio ......

Encore is a pretty fair walk to the central area of the strip… we stayed at the Monte Carlo and it was perfect.

stay at circus circus, once you leave you’ll value your life soo much more smile

ugh decisions decisions ......  yeah i kind of though that encore is little down further but i have heard and read so much good thing about it, including the pool parties and entertainment etc…..  grrrr