The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HEY DAN!!!!!

^^^^^ That’s the easiest option!!!!! If ya have the funds upfront that is!!!!!

Make that <<<<<< vvvvvvvv

yeah that is what I did. I can claim $300 on a laptop each year, so I went and got a sweet asus netbook for $299 at the end of financial year sale at hardly normal and claimed it all back. Theoretically I could do the same this year as well and get a new one. Still nothing wrong with the old one though so I shan’t be so greedy!

Hmm I might claim my $899 one on my ABN!

I have a laptop for work, But I of course can’t do my side business on it and since that side business is mainly transcribing interviews…

Thanks team!

Would you get as much back in the long term if you claimed it as a work expense at tax time?

I get a big refund for my computer because I bought it under financing.

Dan83 - 23 May 2012 03:17 AM

Would you get as much back in the long term if you claimed it as a work expense at tax time?

I’m only guessin, but I’m pretty sure it will be much the same, unless your personal circumstances allow for further claims such as depreciation, any other investments etc etc!!!!!

Best to give ya regular accountant a call and they will advise ya best avenue!!!!!

Mizu, just for you, I have bought a better computer so I can make that Whistler edit smirk

It is actually very true, one of my main motivators for buying a laptop was so I can make edits from my gopro footage.