The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Billy’s Opening Weekend Countdown!

Hoping for an upgrade tomorrow!!

Weather models are unpredictable (even though we like predictions!)

From what i have read this storm could go either way!

I know, I’m nervous!! *crosses fingers, toes…*

Billy - 22 May 2012 04:27 AM

I know, I’m nervous!! *crosses fingers, toes...*

Makes me think about this!!!!!

mother flippers think everythings a mother flippin joke. Im heading down to perisher 22nd june for three days. woooooooooooooooooooo

17!

shred

The mountainwatch forecast got revised to basically nothing, bummer.  Will be waiting to see if I could be bothered doing the opening weekend now.

There are still a few diehards who think it will still dump.

ozgirl - 22 May 2012 11:31 PM

Hope they’re right!!!

blizzard_22 - 22 May 2012 11:46 PM
ozgirl - 22 May 2012 11:31 PM

Hope they’re right!!!

Ditto!

it will dump! stay positive

Jane is still saying 20-30cm, maybe more.  I’m going with whoever predicts the most!

It’s a fast changing system, and unpredictable. Best thing now is not snow, snow is great for marketing at this time of year, a good drenching now will be better for the ground. Though my feeling is for snow, snowmaking will be the big winner with low temps this next few days.

Grasshopper has put his thoughts out there.

The most likely scenario appears to be 10 to 20mm of rain from Thursday into Friday in a north-easterly flow with those freezing levels remaining above 2000m. The transition to snow looks like it occurs during Friday as the low crosses the Alps and brings the cold air and eventually a south-westerly flow.
Snow showers should continue through Saturday and Sunday on that south-westerly before things clear up on Monday. All up, I think we’re looking at 10 to 30cm from this event. There’s still heaps of uncertainty in the various models so we just need to cut them some slack as this is a complicated situation to handle. It will be fun to just sit back and gaze in wide eyed wonder at what develops.

Read more: http://www.mountainwatch.com/Forecasts/Australia/Falls Creek#ixzz1vgbyXyi0

Billy - 22 May 2012 10:46 PM

17!

It’s getting so close!  ollie