The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboard Bungee: How To

Whats sup Jibbers!

Got a sick rail in mind but no run up?

Mates to weak to tow you in?

Don’t have $300+ bones for a Banshee?  http://youtu.be/OV0VuEe7Inc

Why not DIY?! I knocked one up last week, tested it on the weekend and it pulled me (80kg), from what I can tell, just as well as the real thing. The following is for the 20ft version:

Cost: <$70
Difficulty: 2/10

Parts:

25m x 10mm Shock Cord - eBay - $45
1 x Wakeboard handle - eBay - $15.95
1 x 8mm Carabina - Camping store - $8
2m x 2mm cord - Bottom draw in kitchen - $0

Instructions:

1. Lay the shock cord out on the floor in 3 equal lengths (make a big stretched out ‘s’).

2. Grab one end. You should have a loop and an end. Fold this end over on itself and tie off with the 2mm cord to form a loop about 40mm long. If you didn’t get your knots badge at Scouts then Youtube some lashing techniques / knots as this will be connected to the carabina and you want it to be secure!

3. Thread the carabina through the loop you’ve just made. Hook the carabina onto something strong, preferably somewhere where you can still watch TV.

4. Pick up the other end of the shock cord. Again, you should have a loop and an end. Cut the loop so that you have 3 ends.

5. Go back to the carabina end and start a 3 rope braid; just like how your sister did her hair in primary school. Those without sisters, youtube it. This takes about 40min and you will get sore handsies :( Use sticky tape to hold the braid in position so you can grab a break.

6. Keep braiding until you get to about 100mm from the end. Repeat step 2 to make another loop for the handle to connect to.

7. Step back and marvel at your handiwork.

Saftey: Careful dudes, you can generate some serious forces with two people pulling it back. Make sure your knots are sound, your tie off point is solid and wear googles…

See you in the Ville.

Thats awesome mate, thanks for sharing

very interesting…... now if we only got snow in cities like in the states/canada/pretty much every country except us

Or if I could get some snowflex type stuff and a rail for my backyard?

That’s awesome, good work mate.

One of the best tutorials I have ever read !!!

When does the vid come out?

sorry to bump an old one but i have access to 8mm cord, do you think that will have enough pulling power?

Can ya do a 4 rope braid?????

If ya can that should be the equivalent!!!!! That’s if ya have enough of it????? (~ 32m)

Found a 4 rope braid video on YouTube!!!!! Made me crack up when he said what he was workin on though!!!!! LOL

If anyone want to borrow mine, no probs at all, just ask!

Mizu Kuma - 22 May 2012 06:07 AM

Found a 4 rope braid video on YouTube!!!!! Made me crack up when he said what he was workin on though!!!!! LOL

hahahahahahahaha LOL was not expecting that

anyone want to go halves in a 50m roll of 10mm? $50 for 25 metres, best pricing i can find