The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Open/Closing Dates of Mountains

I noticed this is something that is hard to find on the net. So I thought I would start this thread so we can share our home mountain knowledge.

So post the name of your local mountain (or one you have done a season at) and tell us it’s open and closing dates for the season:

ollie

PERISHER: Opens June 9th
          Closes 1st October (Often a week later if there is good snowfall that season)

Hotham: Opens June 9th
Closes: September 30th
Genny Birthday Party: June 2nd

Andy Aitken - 13 May 2012 01:10 AM

Front Valley Perisher that is!

eg; Blue Cow and Guthega often close the start of sept. Smiggins doesn’t get going until well into the season and normally closes first.
Perisher Blue is 4 resorts in one (Perisher, Smiggins Holes, Guthega and Blue Cow)

Thredbo: June 9 - Oct 1
Opening order: Friday Flat and Merritts, then Highnoon, later Supertrail (from Snowgums Chair) followed by Kosciuszko Chair, a week or 2 later Basin.
By July Central Spur and Karels open up.

Central spur closes first, then Karels. Most of the other areas remain open until mid Sept. At season end (Late Sept) it’s usually only Merritts and Basin. Chairlift up/down.

spaz - 17 May 2012 10:34 PM
Andy Aitken - 13 May 2012 01:10 AM

Front Valley Perisher that is!

eg; Blue Cow and Guthega often close the start of sept. Smiggins doesn’t get going until well into the season and normally closes first.
Perisher Blue is 4 resorts in one (Perisher, Smiggins Holes, Guthega and Blue Cow)

Thanks spaz, i wasn’t aware…  LOL  I would tell u how many seasons I’ve been working for them but I’d probably lose that battle against the snowbum himself.
But I suppose this is a good reference for people that haven’t been there.

Smigs isn’t that bad! I’ll be teaching there 10 days after the open date. Unless Ullar makes it snow right now…........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Alright fine be like that Ullar.

Andy Aitken - 18 May 2012 12:02 PM

Smigs isn’t that bad! I’ll be teaching there 10 days after the open date. Unless Ullar makes it snow right now….. Alright fine be like that Ullar.

Should have come to NZ huh? Sold something maybe? I’ve been able to see the snow in the hills when I look out my window for 3 weeks now. And they’re not even the ski hills.

Nah, I have my reasons for being in Oz this winter. Next year when we can get into the same resort though, NZ all the way.