The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham/Falls 2012 regular Boardworld crew

^^ all of the above + The local riders/skiers think they are top shit. They close the lifts at the slightest breath of wind and still charge full price. The lift logistics is horrible, you have to get so many lifts to get to whre you want, just the worst layout. The vibe isnt as friendly or as personal as you get at Falls.

Dont get me wrong. I think Buller has the best terrain in Aus, but they never get the snow to cover it. And just the way the mountain is run is horrible.

I love any snow, but the lift lines they get at buller are the worst!!!! And they are so greedy…

Yeah that’s been pretty much my experience, too.  I will say that I had an excellent instructor there on a day trip last year.  Some tall Canadian guy with a beard who was also a freestyle coach.

Did he say that you were pretty?????

um no.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 May 2012 05:55 AM

Dont get me wrong. I think Buller has the best terrain in Aus, but they never get the snow to cover it. And just the way the mountain is run is horrible.

Sounds like Buller is the Mexico equiv of Thredbo!

Basically but cos it is 3hr from melb it is a total tourist attraction

That’s the long and short of it really. Nothing else is as accesible to people in Melbourne.

I guess when I’m driving up in the morning and heading back after the last run, the 3hr drive is about as much as I’d care to make. Any more than that make it more of a weekend proposition.

As far as the snow itself goes, I guess I’m easily please. I’ll take pretty much anything when I can get it. At least if I’m only doing a few day trips, I’ll hold off until they get a decent dump and then make a dash up there.

ozgirl - 18 May 2012 09:45 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 May 2012 05:55 AM

Sounds like Buller is the Mexico equiv of Thredbo!

No, there’s nothin wrong with Thredbo’s cover!!!!!

It’s just the douche bags that run the place!!!!!

I see someone’s been busy with their BW stickers at Falls…

Buller is a hell hole. I much rather Baw baw for a sneaky day trip, it’s cheaper, far far less people and I still get my snow fix.