The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Check These Out!!!!! - Nike Snowboard Boots

chucky - 13 May 2012 10:41 PM

Real snowboarders should support real snowboarding companies.

The Helgason brothers ride Nike. It’s even been suggested that Nike helped them setup Lobster boards. That sounds like a company that’s pretty into snowboarding to me.

Do keep in mind how many other brands started out in other areas and branched into snowboarding. DC anyone?

deanobruce - 14 May 2012 12:17 AM

100% agree/understand where you are coming from.

Just say i try on the nike boots, love them to death. i will buy them UNLESS i find a product by a full blown homegrown snowboard company that is at least on par with the nike boots, if they felt the exct same i would go snowboarding company 10 times out of ten.

But if there is even one thing i didnt like about the snowboard companies boots compared to the nike ones, how trivial it may be i will go the nike boots.

sorry to chime in late

rocking zf1 after switching from F20 also
love the change up…my boots are still newish (only used them for 1 week) so unsure if it packs out more but the ankle hold is superb

agree with comments above about sizing
switching from F20(reduced footprint) to ZF1 ...much bulkier footprint
my boot doesn’t want to fit into medium bindings anymore….everything is maxed out settings on sz 9.5

cords - 14 May 2012 12:20 AM

Just say i try on the nike boots, love them to death. i will buy them UNLESS i find a product by a full blown homegrown snowboard company that is at least on par with the nike boots, if they felt the exct same i would go snowboarding company 10 times out of ten.

But if there is even one thing i didnt like about the snowboard companies boots compared to the nike ones, how trivial it may be i will go the nike boots.

100% agreed with this.

Makes sense to me as well.

humdingaling - 14 May 2012 02:48 AM

sorry to chime in late

rocking zf1 after switching from F20 also
love the change up…my boots are still newish (only used them for 1 week) so unsure if it packs out more but the ankle hold is superb

agree with comments above about sizing
switching from F20(reduced footprint) to ZF1 ...much bulkier footprint
my boot doesn’t want to fit into medium bindings anymore….everything is maxed out settings on sz 9.5

Sweet as, i rock large bindings anyway (size 10ish boot) so i *should* be right if i do go with the Nike boots.
Going to go shopping on the weekend and see what i can find.

Cheers

Weird, was checking nike boots out yesterday (to see what the fuss was about), and apart from noticing that they appeared to be very well made, they looked like they have a small profile? No idea what model I was looking at. Shop guy said they’d been selling heaps.

Which shop?

im going ot have to do some research as to what stores are around/what they carry.

I havent bought gear in person in a long time!

Was doing my monthly impulse buy at Trigger… Sale on this weekend.

Damn im up in the gong this weekend… may check it before i head up.

AJ2theC - 14 May 2012 05:31 AM

Weird, was checking nike boots out yesterday (to see what the fuss was about), and apart from noticing that they appeared to be very well made, they looked like they have a small profile? No idea what model I was looking at. Shop guy said they’d been selling heaps.

You were probably looking at the Kaijus, they are pretty low profile or what other companies call shrinkage tech or whatever they want to call it lol