The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Blizz, Darks and static_22’s Family Feud Thread

Don’t think you are out of it because you haven’t been posting in here much mad

Now go get me a white hot chocolate and brownie from Oxygen!

I’ve used milk a month after it’s used by date. (Stored in deep freeze unopened)
It is exposure to air that makes milk go off. Thats why it goes off quicker with less in it’s container.

What about water blizz? do you throw that out when past it’s date? (water’s used by date is because the plastic bottle starts to break down - water never changes, it is extremely stable (apart from freezing and becoming gas) but it can carry carcinogens like plastic and metal or bacteria). You should run your tap for 30s before consumption and not drink from the hot water tap because of copper pipes. But no-one follows those rules.
Boiling water to clean it only kills certain bacteria if kept on boil for +5min. It wont get rid of metals.

Exposure to bacteria will boost immunity. Milk use to to be left in the sun before consumption for school kids because it made them healthier. Low level food poisoning makes you resistant against nastier gastro ailments.

I bet you keep tomato sauce and vegemite in the fridge too. The container tells you to.

My hot chocolate powder went past its UBD last week - should it be thrown out question

And what does best before mean?

Spaz you will find that your Hot Choc packet has a best before (ie after that date it is past its prime) not a use by.

Like I said best before was introduced when the law was pasted that all food sold must have a use by date on its packaging. Even though a lot of foods don’t need one - dry stuff and can goods for example.

We drink filtered water grin we are going to get a unit installed in the kitchen during the build of our new house so we don’t have to keep a jug in the fridge!

Tomato sauce and vegemite in the fridge? Hell no!

Your hot chocolate powder, I probably wouldn’t chuck it. It is just a powder. Seiously how does a powder go out of date?!

I guess best before means that is when it tastes best? I know with packet chips they start losing the air out of the bag eventually that is when I reckon they are no good for eating. But in saying that, I have eaten stale chips. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right!

Blizz we could totally live together!

Tomato sauce in the fridge is wrong!!

Why would you want to put fridge cold sauce (or vegemite) on your hot food!

contrast.

haha!

Took me a second to figure out what you meant! LOL

Cold tomato sauce, eeeeew!

Azz - 09 May 2012 12:35 PM

Guys, Girls, Ladies, Gents.

Lets all look at the top of the page and read the thread title.

Blizz, Darks and static_22’s Family Feud Thread

Now lets stay away from gender battles and GET BACK ON TOPIC  michelle

AHM

ozgirl - 10 May 2012 03:42 AM

Yeah Oz if the boys annoy me at the shred I will be knocking on your door!

Thinking of tricks, I shall get some Jelly Belly’s that are not quite… normal. It might look like peach but I bet it taste like pencil shavings LOL

blizzard_22 - 10 May 2012 06:49 AM
ozgirl - 10 May 2012 03:42 AM

Yeah Oz if the boys annoy me at the shred I will be knocking on your door!

Thinking of tricks, I shall get some Jelly Belly’s that are not quite… normal. It might look like peach but I bet it taste like pencil shavings LOL

Harry Potter jelly belly beans??

They aren’t Harry Potter ones, they are actual Jelly Bellys! Its just that you could get the normal flavour but you could get the bad flavour. Coconut also = baby powder lol

It’s an interesting game to pass around the bowl and get a lucky dip!

blizzard_22 - 10 May 2012 08:04 AM

They aren’t Harry Potter ones, they are actual Jelly Bellys! Its just that you could get the normal flavour but you could get the bad flavour. Coconut also = baby powder lol

I don’t understand??? do you not like coconut??? what about garlic??? are there garlic flavored ones??? I’m not that inquisitive, but lack of Mizu has got me multiplying by three!!!  I don’t know why!!!

snowdragon - 10 May 2012 08:37 AM
blizzard_22 - 10 May 2012 08:04 AM

I don’t understand??? do you not like coconut??? what about garlic??? are there garlic flavored ones??? I’m not that inquisitive, but lack of Mizu has got me multiplying by three!!!  I don’t know why!!!

The flavours are:

Top Banana - Pencil Shavings
Berry Blue - Toothpaste
Peach - Vomit
Caramel Corn - Moldy Cheese
Chocolate Pudding - Canned Dog Food
Coconut - Baby Wipes
Juicy Pear - Booger
Strawberry Jam - Centipede
Buttered Popcorn - Rotten Egg
Licorice - Skunk Spray

http://www.jellybelly.com/fun_stuff/beanboozled_flavor_guide.aspx

I have eaten the rotten egg, both my cousin and I threw up from it!