The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

Just heard he signed with the Heat! Poor form I say!

Haha not if you’re a Heat fan, which I am. You can understand the desire for the three of them to play together. At the end of the day they are basketball players (not to mention all good friends), and a basketball player wants to win championships. Those three guys can re-write history right there. I’m stoked to say I will be in Miami for two games at the end of the year.

rider26 - 09 July 2010 02:01 AM

Haha not if you’re a Heat fan, which I am. You can understand the desire for the three of them to play together. At the end of the day they are basketball players (not to mention all good friends), and a basketball player wants to win championships. Those three guys can re-write history right there. I’m stoked to say I will be in Miami for two games at the end of the year.

Awesome!

I am not too worried they are no match for the mighty Lakers! I just think that it might be too many superstars for 1 team and their ego’s might get in the way

No match for the lakers???
HAHA. Laker fans are alway riding Kobes dick.
half of the team is over 40 and are nearly done. Dont get me wrong, Lakers have a good team, but nothing compared the the 3 stooges @ Miami.

but how can miami start with 3 players? they dont have enough money to fill the rest of the roster.
HA

Cavs got a new coach, so hopefully they do alright next season

Miami =
16.5million per year max contracts
58.5million salary cap
16.5 x 3 = 49.5million

REST OF THE TEAM = 9million per year.

Before of course, Miami goes over the salary cap and just pays the fine lol.

Annnddd what was my prediction… Thats right kids!!! Wade, Bosh and Lebron all to play for the heat…..BOOYA!  shoulda put money on it!! hahah!!

Well done Miami! Time to win those championship rings!! Ill be keeping a very close eye on them this season!

Jeremy u gotta be one happy man!!!! Yeeww!

Any team can sign rookies and players at the minimum wage (something like $900K?), even if they go over the salary cap. Watch for players coming to Miami to win championships. Veteran players giving it their last shot. Also, talent always attracts talent. Players will no doubt want to join the Miami Heat, whether they take a pay cut or not.

For sure the team has a lot of building to do, but I have no doubt that the new big three can inspire those around them to play at their best level.

Yea, you had your Karl Malone’s and Gary Payton’s, now you will probably get people like Steve Nash or Baron Davis try to jump in on the action.

Allen Iverson maybe?

He won’t leave Phili… he had a cry when traded to Memphis and went back.

Guys on the radio were pretty upset about how it all went down. (Lebron’s announcement)
Not that he went with the Heat, but how they thought this was all planned 2 years ago in Beijing and just came to fruition now.
What Lebron said was that he just made the decision after talking to his mom etc.

The letter or email that the Cleveland coach sent out was interesting, and disturbing all at once.
He called Lebron a coward (well, said it was cowardly) and of course he was upset…

The radio guys (ESPN radio) this morning compared it all to a relationship…. that it’s just wrong to have your current girlfriend right there and 6 prospective girls, and tell them your decision, Like one of the Bachelor TV shows. They expected Lebron to hand out a rose at the end of the program…
but to dump your girlfriend (Cleveland) and then propose to Miami in front her is just not decent they said….
You should have the decency to tell the girlfriend (Cleveland) that you are breaking up with her first.

They commended him, though for not taking the highest paying option… but the most winning option.

What did Cleveland expect? These guys are the best players in the league. They are now free agents and have to choose the best option. Lebron gave everything to that city, carrying the team on his shoulders for years. They built the team as best they could but it wasn’t enough. They couldn’t win the way the team was/is, and they didn’t have any cap space to make it any better. These guys want to win championships, it’s what they do. The owner’s open letter on the Cavs website is a much lower act than signing with another team. And his guarantee that Cleveland will win a championship before Miami - what a joke.

now watch all the new miami fans.

Or the

nah man ive gone for miami for ages.

I really have!  tongue laugh haha

Seriously, I have been a die-hard Heat fan since early highschool (going back about 14 years now). I used to stay home from school during the playoffs to follow play-by-play on nba.com and listen to the commentary on internet radio. In the days when Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle, Jamal Mashburn, and PJ Brown used to get beaten in the playoffs by Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, and the rest of the Knicks. I supported them when our star player was Eddie Jones and we were playing a 6’9 centre (Brian Grant). I supported them when we has the worst record in the NBA. And now I will support them to another championship, and more to come. My kids are going to be Heat fans, and if they aren’t they will have to pay rent.  wink

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

To increase tourism since Lebron has left, they released these ads for Cleveland all around America!