The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tobi’s tip for the day…

bangabain - 04 August 2009 02:24 AM
snowslider - 03 August 2009 03:19 PM

I worked with a girl named Carmen once, but she wasnt a cheesecake, lol.

I am at uni right now with a girl named Carmel…I also don’t think she is a cheesecake…but I could be wrong…have to ask her…

Give her a random lick on the arm… and just tell her you had to check something LOL!!!!!

Let me know how that works!

Butters - 04 August 2009 11:51 AM
nic - 04 August 2009 11:48 AM
Butters - 04 August 2009 11:13 AM

Anybody know any Gertrudes?

Funnily enough my grandma used to call just about every cow we had Gertrude or Mildred.
Just as funny (cruel?) I’ve taken it upon myself to nickname my sister Gertrude. Always a good laugh.

It’s an attractive name - has a good ring to it
Like Olga

I think the phrase “Whoa Nelly!” came from a US TV show or something, but there was a cow named Nelly and, well, it just has always seemed right to me for a cow to be named Nelly. I hope to have a pet cow someday, I think it would be awesome - and of course her name would HAVE to be Nelly!

snowslider - 04 August 2009 01:11 PM

I think the phrase “Whoa Nelly!” came from a US TV show or something, but there was a cow named Nelly and, well, it just has always seemed right to me for a cow to be named Nelly. I hope to have a pet cow someday, I think it would be awesome - and of course her name would HAVE to be Nelly!

I quite honestly hate livestock. We run a few hundred sheep and ~50 cattle as paddock trimmers on my property and there’s always maintenance. Sheep getting out, cow breaking a fence or trouble with birthing.
One cow would be much nicer than many though…

A couple for today, it’s been a while…..

Telephone companies will disconnect your phone line for no reason when you need it the most.

Good friends are hard to find, when you do find them hold on to them. When your telephone line is cut and you need to do testing for work at stupid o’clock they’ll let you use thier interwebs and you can let yourself out once it’s done.

Don’t work in IT or have any job that requires you to work closely with IT and perform system testing. More likely than not they will stuff it up. When they say 9pm for testing what they really mean is some time after midnight.

I can 2nd the point on working in systems testing.. you have to be a real stress junkie to work in it.. I’m surrounded by them, it’s entertaining at times to see them all riled up but it’s not a great work environment. As a form of earning quick cash before heading overseas it’s doing it’s job for me though