The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Some News for Thredbo

Friday Flat to get a makeover…
Press Release from the Thredbo Media Centre
Posted on: Friday, 20 April 2012

Thredbo has announced the commencement of a capital improvement program that will include the extension and improvement of the Friday Flat beginner area and the lower area of the High Noon trail.
Mr Kim Clifford, General Manager Kosciuszko Thredbo (KT), announced that Thredbo’s parent company Amalgamated Holding Limited (AHL) has approved funding for this project.  Planning work is now underway with construction anticipated to commence in January 2013, with the project ready for the 2013 winter season.
“Once completed, skiers and boarders will see a substantial improvement to the lower section of High Noon and 30% more terrain added to Friday Flat, easing the clutter of both of these areas” said Mr Clifford.

—————————————————————-

Ramshead for sale, making way for something new.
Press Release from the Thredbo Media Centre
Posted on: Thursday, 19 April 2012

Thredbo will commence a feasibility study on the building of a new chairlift that will replace the now decommissioned Ramshead Chairlift.

The decommissioning and disassembling of the historic Ramshead Chairlift has commenced and as part of the process Thredbo will offer 100 of the double chairs for sale.

Mizu Kuma - 23 April 2012 06:28 AM

Thredbo will offer 100 of the double chairs for sale.

There you go mate.. Something for the backyard cheese

That’s weird because Kim Clifford is no longer the GM. Last year they announced extending a chair to Signature and snowmaking to be extended to include Eagle Way.

Just because AHL has approved funding doesn’t mean the red tape or engineering logistics have been looked at. eg: to lay pipes and pump water to Eagle Way is nearly impossible, yet Kim was happy to make a public announcement that it was going to happen.

This is Thredbo’s idea of a publicity campaign.

Ramshead was decommissioned last year. There isn’t much room around FF to extend anywhere (not within the lease area).
Coming from Thredbo Media (the same people that do the snow report) I wouldn’t believe it until I see it, much the same as believing what they say about snow conditions.

The money should be put into supporting local businesses and employee satisfaction.

Very weird if Kim Is the GM anymore…

But i saw more on the press release. They are going to cut a new trail from Highnoon to Gunbarrel apparently. I don’t think they are ‘expanding’ friday flat exactly but more ease congestion… but yeah badly worded.

But i agree with Spaz its about having something to give the general public before the start of the season

spaz - 23 April 2012 08:25 AM

The money should be put into supporting local businesses and employee satisfaction.

Good point.

ozgirl - 23 April 2012 08:51 AM

Very weird if Kim Is the GM anymore…

But i saw more on the press release. They are going to cut a new trail from Highnoon to Gunbarrel apparently. I don’t think they are ‘expanding’ friday flat exactly but more ease congestion… but yeah badly worded.

But i agree with Spaz its about having something to give the general public before the start of the season

Thredbo giving the general public something???????? Now I’m confused.

News Spaz - News….