The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ideas for contests this winter season…?

rider26 - 21 April 2012 06:33 PM
ozgirl - 21 April 2012 04:37 AM

Did you really say Member of the week??? Woot Woot!!

Yes I did. smile

I think this season we will give away a ‘Member of the Week’ prize every week for the entire season. There won’t be any specific category i.e. most helpful. Just a deserving member each and every week.

At this point it will probably be a $150 prize of choice.

What do you guys think?

Sweeeeet LOL

spaz - 22 April 2012 07:10 AM

Chemical Storm ran a comp through BW very similar last year. Maybe Jeff would be up for sponsoring it.

That comp brought out some some unreal designs and designers!!! Really awesome!!!

First thing that came to my mind was a competition like Thrasher Magazine’s “King Of The Road”. Can be King of The Hills/Slopes. From a date at the start of the season, to one near the end you have to get as many points as possible by completing a list of challenges. There would be say 100 challenges. Some easy, some hard, some funny, some serious. They all have varying amounts of points. There is challenges two specific mountains and states. So if you make an effort to get to other hills you have the oportunity to get more points. But also set up so there is plenty of points to get with out having to travel so people who cant arent really handicaped.

Brillant idea K2!

I like it grin

So the person at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the season (with the highest points) wins?

So travelling is an easy way to earn points but if you can’t then you will have to do a ‘harder’ challenge?

Here is an example of one of the King of the Road challenge lists. So obviously lots are trick based. But dont have to be. They have all sorts of others including social media based ones. Have a read, there is some good ones. Obviously we would cater it to us. They are all crazy bastards!
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/king-of-the-road-2011-the-book/

Yeh most points at the end wins. You could also have a solo and team category. Maybe you can nominate a team of 3 members and you enter as a team. Best team, and best individual gets prizes.

Every challenge needs at least photo proof. Video is even better and sometimes needed. not about editing, just film and post, or snap and post

Love. It.

So if we have a few at each mountain in Aus and a few from NZ.

few quick one’s I just thought of:

Ride over the House at the remarkables (50 points)
Hike to the top of Treble Cone (25 points)
Catch the T-bar to Australia’s Highest lifted point in Thredbo (10 points)
Do a flying squirrel (50 points)
Ride over the bus in Falls (50 points)
Go to Mt Buller when it has snow (lol jkz) (10 points)
Dress like a pirate at Mt Selwyn (25 points)
Eat a Fergburger in Queenstown (10 points)
Do a line of jumps in Leichart park in Perisher (35 points)
Hit something crazy in Thredbo high-noon or (the big) park (35 points)

Yeh all sorts of stuff like that.
Get a hug of a Ski Patroler 150pts (cos no one wants to do that. Sorry Oz wink )
Most number of Red Bulls you can drink in one lift ride up

Woot - 150 pts easy for me!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 23 April 2012 06:02 AM

Yeh all sorts of stuff like that.
Get a hug of a Ski Patroler 150pts (cos no one wants to do that. Sorry Oz wink )
Most number of Red Bulls you can drink in one lift ride up

I think we might have a 10-50 point limit… 1-5 stars of difficulty.

I.E. everyone can eat a burger in queenstown / catch a t-bar at thredbo.

Much harder to ride the house at the remarks / bus at falls.

Just have to make sure each area has a similar amount of points assigned.

With your redbull one - How many redbulls / beers can you drink in 1 lift ride. 10 points per can/bottle max 5.

Gotta do things to include those that can do jumps/tricks yet! Gotta make the comp for everyone red face

blizzard_22 - 23 April 2012 06:23 AM

Gotta do things to include those that can do jumps/tricks yet! Gotta make the comp for everyone red face

Yep. Definitely some “on snow” and some “off snow” challenges. Though there will have to be some trick options for people who can to try. Things like a flying squirrel should be a given. we have all had a year to try it lol.

plus, once you come to the shred, we’ll have you jumping like K2 raspberry

Yeh there would be challenges of all sorts, so everyone will be able to have the opportunity to get lots of points but in different ways. Definately trick based ones, but also fun and stupid ones