The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ANALOG PRESENTS: DESIGN UNLIKELY FEATURES AUSTRALIA

ANALOG PRESENTS: DESIGN UNLIKELY FEATURES AUSTRALIA

Analog is proud to present the inaugural Australian ‘Design Unlikely Features’ contest, a nation wide design competition where entrants design a custom snowboard park feature.

Entrants can come up with a totally new idea, or build upon something that already exists – the idea behind the contest is creativity and imagination.

A team of Australian and International personalities, including representatives of Analog US and Australia, Perisher Park Crew and TransferSnowboard Magazine, will judge entries. Features will be judged on creativity, rideability, and buildability. The judges are looking for something fresh, imaginative, and easy to move.

One lucky winner will have their own design built and installed in the Perisher Park, and hold the bragging rights of their own permanent parkfeature. On top of that, the winner will receive an a round trip to Perisher for them and a friend, 2 x two day lift passes and a full set of Analog outerwear and apparel.

The unveiling of the winning feature will be held in conjunctionwith the Analog Design Unlikely Features Jam event on August 4th. Local riders will compete on the new feature for a share of $2000 worth of cash and prizes.

Submissions open on the 2nd of April and end on the 31st of May.
The winner announced on the 15th of June 2012.

To read the official rules and to upload your design visit http://analogclothing.com/duf/au/

“This contest is only open to legal residents of Australia”

I think this means I can enter… not sure…

What a wicked idea for a contest!!

SamNZ - 06 April 2012 12:45 AM

“This contest is only open to legal residents of Australia”

I think this means I can enter… not sure…

Your a Kiwi!!!!!

Of course ya can enter!!!!! New Zealand is a state of Australia!!!!!  cool hmm

Mizu Kuma - 06 April 2012 06:07 AM

Your a Kiwi!!!!!

mad  ...

SamNZ - 06 April 2012 08:20 AM
Mizu Kuma - 06 April 2012 06:07 AM

Your a Kiwi!!!!!

mad  ...

cheese

Some pretty cool entries so far!

AJ2theC - 19 April 2012 02:01 AM

Some pretty cool entries so far!

Lovin the Rock On!!!!!

I only just got wind of this comp. I spend to much time between visits to the snow forum.

Worst thing is I came here to post about this comp after seeing it on fb!!!

and i call myself a snowbum!

Liking the Plaza and Corkscrew. The Rock On is at least original.

Unsure what whoever created the “pong” ones was thinking… or if they even snowboard, funny idea though.

Shell Ramp is interesting but I can’t quite work the idea out, needs better diagrams and information.

I’ve got $100 for the first to complete the ‘Loop of Death”.

I’m sorry to say the loop of death has been done already. I have it on an old snowboard video.
It collapsed on the film makers wife while she was spraying lines on it. Put her in hospital with spinal damage.
... And they rebuilt it and hit it anyway   gulp  mental.

Also, sucks to be the guy that spent so much time on that “Corkscrew” design. Perisher already has that exact box lol. Just doesn’t have the side bits.

I like the “8 stair” set and the “Plaza”. It’s fairly simple but the plaza looks like loads of fun.

Andy Aitken - 22 April 2012 11:59 AM

I’m sorry to say the loop of death has been done already. I have it on an old snowboard video.
It collapsed on the film makers wife while she was spraying lines on it. Put her in hospital with spinal damage.
... And they rebuilt it and hit it anyway   gulp  mental.

That’s what I had thought. I knew it had been attempted years ago, but I tried to look up videos and and found nothing so though maybe no one ever completed it.
I also thought I remembered someone died after it collapsed.

Lots more entries now.

The wrecking ball looks sick, would actually be a fun feature to have in a park smile