The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pre Japan 2012/13 Season plan!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 21 April 2012 11:59 PM
Billy - 21 April 2012 11:10 PM
Mizu Kuma - 21 April 2012 03:17 AM

And Billy, try and get some LSL as the majority are talkin FEBRUARY so far, (Jez, Warren, fatima, Myself) as to avoid the school hols busyness and the added cost!!!!!

Awww, really? downer - I might be at a new school next year - so don’t want to start taking LSL!

Yeah, that’s fair enough about costs. I should’ve picked another career!

Yes!!!!!

Boooo

I should’ve picked another career!

Meh I’d rather my 12 weeks of holidays, even if it means a lack of flexibility in dates.

drc13 - 22 April 2012 03:17 AM

I should’ve picked another career!

Meh I’d rather my 12 weeks of holidays, even if it means a lack of flexibility in dates.

Meh, Schmeh, I only work 50% of the year!!!!!

And that’s before I take my 5 weeks holiday, 8/9 flexi days, added days in leu (Whenever I am rostered off on a public holiday, I receive and extra day in my holiday leave entitlement)

Works out that I only have to front up to work for less than 150 days a year!!!!!

Billy - 22 April 2012 03:09 AM
Mizu Kuma - 21 April 2012 11:59 PM
Mizu Kuma - 21 April 2012 03:17 AM

And Billy, try and get some LSL as the majority are talkin FEBRUARY so far, (Jez, Warren, fatima, Myself) as to avoid the school hols busyness and the added cost!!!!!

Awww, really? downer - I might be at a new school next year - so don’t want to start taking LSL!

Yeah, that’s fair enough about costs. I should’ve picked another career!

Yes!!!!!

Boooo

downer

Mizu Kuma - 22 April 2012 03:49 AM

Works out that I only have to front up to work for less than 150 days a year!!!!!

OK providing you get paid decently you win!

I want mizus job shaka

Yeah I want your job too, Mizu!

Well neither of you can’t have it!!!!!

Its mine, all mine I tells ya!!!!!

what is your job mizu if im not being to personal asking

Hey crew. So I won’t be doing the Japan shred with you per say, BUT, only because I intend to be working in Japan for the whole season.
So what ever resort I end up at, hopefully it’s one that you go to, and we can meet up shaka

Andy don’t worry we will hunt you down lol

Where abouts hakuba ? Or somewhere else…

Anywhere I can get lol. But I would like to go to Hakuba or Nizawa Onsen. Niseko sounds big and impressive but I heard it’s full of tourists. I want Real Japan!

trentradpants - 22 April 2012 10:19 AM

what is your job mizu if im not being to personal asking

All good trent!!!!! I’m an Machine Operator, my title is Senior Process Operator, and I pretty much control a Galvanizing Line that produces around 500T of coated steel per 12 hour shift!!!!! And then when it all goes to shit, I have to make it all better again!!!!! Like most jobs, it can get pretty dull at times, and especially after 24 years!!!!!

Andy Aitken - 22 April 2012 11:07 AM

Hey crew. So I won’t be doing the Japan shred with you per say, BUT, only because I intend to be working in Japan for the whole season.
So what ever resort I end up at, hopefully it’s one that you go to, and we can meet up shaka

Go hard for Hirafu, Andy!!!!!!

Pretty sure that the majority will be stoppin there!!!!!

Andy Aitken - 22 April 2012 12:04 PM

Anywhere I can get lol. But I would like to go to Hakuba or Nizawa Onsen. Niseko sounds big and impressive but I heard it’s full of tourists. I want Real Japan!

Mt Annupuri, the main mountain resort that is called Grand Hirafu or Niseko by most people is not really awe inspirin to look at imho, but the powder is sensational, the Izakayas are unreal, and despite everyones calls of bogan inundation, it is still very much Japanese!!!!! You just have to take into account that by Japanese terms, Hokkaido is relatively “new”, and won’t have a lot of the traditional heritage that can be found on the main island of Honshu!!!!! I really think that the people that talk about all the Aussies bein in Niseko are the ones that go to the western style bars at night????? You will however, know that you are in Japan regardless as there is no way of avoiding the many things that are so unique to the place!!!!!

There are way more Aussies in Whistler for sure!!!!! The backdrop of Yotei-zan (the dormant volcano they call baby fuji) is nothin but spectacular!!!!! 

Plus you’ll love the park in Hanazono, as they have heaps of features from half pipes, to an air bag, even a full size bus to jib on!!!!! (they also pump tunes through loudspeakers on poles throughout the park)

100% agree with what Mizu has said.

(although I have never seen a bus feature and the bag jump wasn’t there this year - cause i was going to go on it if there was!)