The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ideas for contests this winter season…?

Well me bring a pirate and all, I’ll be all over a treasure hunt like a whale at a krill convention Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh !!!!!

rider26 - 21 April 2012 06:35 PM

We were also thinking about a treasure hunt idea of a different style. Kind of like an online / social media type treasure hunt where you have to do set tasks within a set amount of time to progress to the next challenge. Last standing members wins it all. Thoughts?

No Photos with lifeguards in speedo’s and socks please smile

Second that !!!!

Unless its the ladies smile

blizzard_22 - 21 April 2012 06:45 AM

Dark suggested one of who can find the most existing Boardworld stickers, scavenger hunt style? LOL

After Oz and Blizz saw a boardworld sticker in a shop in Jindy, I did suggest that after the comp you had of putting a gazzilion stickers around the place that there should now be a comp of who can find the most stickers. Post a picture and a map location and the person that has the most varified by other boardworld members (ie “I put that there”) plus the person that admits to putting the most stickers out (because they still remain and have now been varified by a spotter) both get a prize.

Guerilla marketing and verification at its best!

Treasure hunt sounds awesome!!!

Weekly member prizes is cool too!!!

Darkclouds097 - 22 April 2012 12:28 AM
blizzard_22 - 21 April 2012 06:45 AM

Dark suggested one of who can find the most existing Boardworld stickers, scavenger hunt style? LOL

After Oz and Blizz saw a boardworld sticker in a shop in Jindy, I did suggest that after the comp you had of putting a gazzilion stickers around the place that there should now be a comp of who can find the most stickers. Post a picture and a map location and the person that has the most varified by other boardworld members (ie “I put that there”) plus the person that admits to putting the most stickers out (because they still remain and have now been varified by a spotter) both get a prize.

Guerilla marketing and verification at its best!

Jez would have to be excluded. wink

lanox - 21 April 2012 08:05 AM

treasure hunt, where riddles are posted in different sections and users have to read threads and search the forum to find the treasure..

Race Around The Boardworld!!!!!

rider26 - 21 April 2012 06:33 PM
ozgirl - 21 April 2012 04:37 AM

Did you really say Member of the week??? Woot Woot!!

Yes I did. smile

I think this season we will give away a ‘Member of the Week’ prize every week for the entire season. There won’t be any specific category i.e. most helpful. Just a deserving member each and every week.

At this point it will probably be a $150 prize of choice.

What do you guys think?

shaka

TJswish - 22 April 2012 12:14 AM

Azz - 22 April 2012 12:17 AM

Second that !!!!

Ouch… that’s like a knife to the heart!

OK the results may not have been pretty but surely I get some credit for completing the challenge within 10mins of it being set!

I agree though it’s time to mix it up a little bit. Therefore I am willing to suck it up and remove one additional article of clothing… take your pick boys!  tongue wink

drc13 - 22 April 2012 03:14 AM

Second that !!!!

OK the results may not have been pretty but surely I get some credit for completing the challenge within 10mins of it being set!

I agree though it’s time to mix it up a little bit. Therefore I am willing to suck it up and remove one additional article of clothing… take your pick boys!  tongue wink

sick

drc13 - 22 April 2012 03:14 AM

Second that !!!!

It would have to be the socks, drc!!!!!

We don’t want ya gettin ya “little pinky” cold!!!!!

lanox - 22 April 2012 03:46 AM

sick

Regretting the offer to room together yet?

Mizu Kuma - 22 April 2012 03:55 AM

It would have to be the socks, drc!!!!!

We don’t want ya gettin ya “little pinky” cold!!!!!

Yeah good point mate. Forgot about the whole winter bit. Not even a lens like this is going to be enough!

The member of the week is an awesome idea (and very generous).

Also what about a design your dream board? If the sponsors could get involved people could design the graphics for a board for next season or something like that. designs have to incorporate the boardworld logo and the company sponsoring the board. It could be made up as a one off prize (custom) or actually be their design for next year. Win win as boardworld will also get their graphic on the board too. Not sure if this is a viable option or too hard but the speed with which members can crank those hilarious posters out they’d be coming up with designs left right n centre. Could have a comp for snowboard, surfboard and skateboard.

Chemical Storm ran a comp through BW very similar last year. Maybe Jeff would be up for sponsoring it.