The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wet Wednesday.

Man the news was so boring today - all about the rain, same with the weather channel.

I like rain (away from the snowy’s).
What wet tales do you have from today’s events?

I was just making a hot chocolate before climbing into bed, went to get some milk and the floor was an inch deep around the fridge. Now I knew my pad had problems in heavy downfalls and I had rectified the problems. But the runoff in the front yard changed direction and I just spent the last hour finding anything to “sandbag” and change the flow! I think I won.

I rode the motorbike home… got a little wet…

Worst part is that you can’t see shit when it’s raining so you have to stay well away which means other people cut in all the time and freak you out lol.

Think it’s time for a new helmet smile

For a second there, I thought I was on another site!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 18 April 2012 09:32 PM

I got my hopes up for nothing!

haha Mizu!!

Well the rain is sending me broke as i just find it too convenient to drive to work… opps.

TJ that does not sound fun - yes time for a new helmet i think!

Do ya use RainX on ya visor, TJ?????

Mizu Kuma - 18 April 2012 10:59 PM

Do ya use RainX on ya visor, TJ?????

Nah, the issue is that my original one got damaged so I got a spare. The spare had been sitting in a box for so long that the actual visor lost all the protective seals and it fogs up easily. Really I am due for a new helmet anyway, just that it takes away from my Snowboarding money hahaha smile

Looking at one of these:

My mates got a Shark!!!!! (dunno if it’s that same model, but he loves it!!!!!)

Ya wanna give RainX a go, even on a new one!!!!! It wicks away the water unreal and lasts ages!!!!! They also make an anti-fog treatment for the inside as well!!!!!

Yea I used to use it on my car. It’s great but can be a pain to apply etc. Might go find some at lunch smile

Shark make a bunch of helmets, probably not the same model your mate has, this one is pretty new.

Yeah, it didn’t look the same at first glance, that’s why I didn’t think it was the same model!!!!!

Yeah if ya don’t do it right it can look hazy until it rains and washes the excess off, just make sure ya use a clean dry cloth (CHUX wipes are good) to buff it off, and make sure ya let it dry for a while before ya do buff it!!!!!

I use it on my GoPro/Goggles/Car/Every Bloody Thing!!!!!  LOL

Shaving cream can make for a good anti fogging agent.

spaz - 19 April 2012 05:52 AM

I shave with an electric razor… no shaving cream for me lol.

TJswish - 19 April 2012 06:17 AM
spaz - 19 April 2012 05:52 AM

I shave with an electric razor… no shaving cream for me lol.

I wax none for me either! But I have it for my bathroom mirror. Works brilliantly. Just buy no name stuff!

Hahaha me too! LOL

Billy - 19 April 2012 10:47 AM

Hahaha me too! LOL

You just be careful with that lol smiley, or I might have to moderate your posts!!!!!

ozgirl - 19 April 2012 07:02 AM

I wax none for me either!

I didn’t know you were of South American origins tongue wink