The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thanks Spaz!

deanobruce - 18 April 2012 01:23 AM

what rims do you have?

You could just risk it and run with no chains, i personally have done this every time i have gone snow in NSW BUT we had 4wd and knew the conditions prior to leaving.

Off the top of my head they are 225/40 R18

Yeah if it was 4WD/AWD It would be fine (providing it hadn’t dumped snow) but being a 2WD it could turn into an expensive weekend if I get pulled over at the checking station. (which I did see happen last season)

drc13 - 18 April 2012 01:20 AM
lanox - 18 April 2012 01:07 AM

drc we can go down 2 gather Saturday morning i am hoping to do the same , so i am keen if you got no1 to go with.

Sounds good mate. I’m planning on sharing some driving with RPS88A/my sister/and his mates as well but I’m sure there will be times it’s doesn’t line up.

Did you get the skitube addon with your pass? I had to get it as I can’t seem to get hire chains for the rims on my car.

meh i dont even have a pass lol ...

lanox - 18 April 2012 01:38 AM

teacherboy

On another note, what way is Mrs Lanox leaning for the shred?

yeh fair enough, i have personally never seen anyone pulled over to check for chains, and i have driven in 2wd cars with no chains previously. But i accepted the risks involved, i wouldnt personally recommend it to anyone. But the option is there if you choose to take the risk.

And i hate the Skitube also haha

deanobruce - 18 April 2012 01:44 AM

yeh fair enough, i have personally never seen anyone pulled over to check for chains, and i have driven in 2wd cars with no chains previously. But i accepted the risks involved, i wouldnt personally recommend it to anyone. But the option is there if you choose to take the risk.

And i hate the Skitube also haha

Haha the way my luck runs at times it wouldn’t be worth the risk.

Yeah heaps of people seem to hate on the skitube. Personally I didn’t find it bad at all (but it was during the quiet bit of the season)
The drive to it is a stupid waste of time but once I was on it by the time I’d got my boots and gear all sorted I was at the mountain. I could come to eat these words during peak season though.

yeh i have mates that swear by it, then there is 4 of us who split the park pass, saving cashola better spent at the bar. Have all our clothes, gear, tools etc. within a 5min walk.

drc13 - 18 April 2012 01:41 AM
lanox - 18 April 2012 01:38 AM

teacherboy

On another note, what way is Mrs Lanox leaning for the shred?

when we start snowboarding on rocks in 30+c

drc13 - 18 April 2012 01:29 AM
deanobruce - 18 April 2012 01:23 AM

what rims do you have?

You could just risk it and run with no chains, i personally have done this every time i have gone snow in NSW BUT we had 4wd and knew the conditions prior to leaving.

Off the top of my head they are 225/40 R18

Yeah if it was 4WD/AWD It would be fine (providing it hadn’t dumped snow) but being a 2WD it could turn into an expensive weekend if I get pulled over at the checking station. (which I did see happen last season)

You can rent a pair of chains that don’t fit your car… they never actually check if they fit the car. But I would only drive up the mountain if there is no snow on the horizon cause if you are forced to put them on you are up shit creek.

One year i was in the car park at perisher and inspectors walk up and down each isle asking people to show their chains. The car next to me looked at the inspector blankly and the car on the other side of him quick as a blink grabbed the chains from his ute (which was 4x4) and chucked em into the other car - there was nothing the inspector could do. These two cars did not know each other

top bloke!

deanobruce - 18 April 2012 01:50 AM

yeh i have mates that swear by it, then there is 4 of us who split the park pass, saving cashola better spent at the bar. Have all our clothes, gear, tools etc. within a 5min walk.

Yeah that’s definitely a big plus towards driving.

ozgirl - 18 April 2012 02:07 AM

You can rent a pair of chains that don’t fit your car… they never actually check if they fit the car. But I would only drive up the mountain if there is no snow on the horizon cause if you are forced to put them on you are up shit creek.

Thanks oz that gives me another option. I guess I’ll see how I go with the skitube (for $60 unlimited usage I reckon its pretty reasonable) and if it drives me insane I’ll look into this.

lanox - 18 April 2012 01:53 AM

You’ve just earnt another teacherboy

What I was getting at was do you think she’ll be attending the shred? I’m just narrowing down my shred options.

drc13 - 18 April 2012 02:46 AM
deanobruce - 18 April 2012 01:50 AM

Yeah that’s definitely a big plus towards driving.

ozgirl - 18 April 2012 02:07 AM

Thanks oz that gives me another option. I guess I’ll see how I go with the skitube (for $60 unlimited usage I reckon its pretty reasonable) and if it drives me insane I’ll look into this.

lanox - 18 April 2012 01:53 AM

You’ve just earnt another teacherboy

What I was getting at was do you think she’ll be attending the shred? I’m just narrowing down my shred options.

oh nah i doubt it i dont think she is in to it… i had no luck of convincing her as of yet. so yeah i am either solo or with a mate.

Even though I’m shredding P I’ll be staying in Thredbo (most of the time) it’s only a 10-15min drive to the tube.

In 14years - used chains twice.
Rear wheel drive family sedans (commodores, falcons) are the worst. Front wheelers don’t have much of an issue. Snow just means driving slower, unless you ask Tj how I drive with snow on the road in an AWD Ford Territory with traction control !!! (I just wanted to find out if the traction control worked). And then there’s my VW, so much fun in freshies!!!!

Two XL and the burton is L.

The Rip Curl jacket is insulated smile

spaz - 18 April 2012 07:01 AM

Even though I’m shredding P I’ll be staying in Thredbo (most of the time) it’s only a 10-15min drive to the tube.

In 14years - used chains twice.
Rear wheel drive family sedans (commodores, falcons) are the worst. Front wheelers don’t have much of an issue. Snow just means driving slower, unless you ask Tj how I drive with snow on the road in an AWD Ford Territory with traction control !!! (I just wanted to find out if the traction control worked). And then there’s my VW, so much fun in freshies!!!!

You were fine mate… I was more scared when I drove through a blizz on my 18’s and low profiles in the Pulsy at 11pm to Perisher lol.

Azz - 18 April 2012 07:45 AM

Two XL and the burton is L.

The Rip Curl jacket is insulated smile

Cheers Azz, You are way more steezy than me a Small tends to swim on me! Thanks again for the very generous offer but I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a small shell.