The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

English Premier League

CRACKERS - 15 April 2012 11:59 PM

looks like in the finals ill be supporting Chelsea for the first time. I’d rather drive a nail into my own foot and go for Liverpoo.

I’m with you on that one. Plus I want to see “King Kenny” get fired at the end of the season raspberry £35 million for Carroll! BAHAHAHAHA!

CRACKERS - 15 April 2012 11:59 PM

I’d rather drive a nail into my own foot than go for Liverpool.

Never a truer word spoken haha

static_22 - 15 April 2012 10:53 PM
rider26 - 15 April 2012 06:18 PM

All teams “buy” their championships. As if Chelsea didn’t go on a huge spending spree many years ago and then went on to win a couple of championships. Arsenal back in their day, had Henry, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Pires, Campbell, Cole etc. They had one of the best squads in the world and they gelled as a team and won a bunch of championships.

I respectfully disagree with that. Chelsea did definitely buy their championships, as Man City are trying to do by paying stupid amounts of money for players that they’re not actually worth. That Arsenal squad that was so good for so long was bought cheap and developed over time. Personally, I think Arsenal and Man United have never really bought a championship. They’ve developed their players from a young age and it’s paid off in the long run.

Not trying to cause trouble or anything. Just my opinion smile

Haha that’s all good mate. Point taken and I do agree with you. I probably should have thought about it more. I think it’s incredible how well Arsenal develop their youngsters.

Then man city come along and throw $$$ at them to lure them away…

Clichy/Toure/Nasri/Apparently aiming for Van Persie also

deanobruce - 16 April 2012 01:56 AM

Then man city come along and throw $$$ at them to lure them away…

Clichy/Toure/Nasri/Apparently aiming for Van Persie also

Van Persie isn’t going anywhere! I’ll sell an arm to keep him at Arsenal. Arms grow back, right? raspberry
Plus i think he’s too loyal to Arsenal to leave. Also, I reckon they’ll give him a contract of about £150,000 a week! Not to be sneezed at.

rider26 - 16 April 2012 01:50 AM

I think it’s incredible how well Arsenal develop their youngsters.

It is pretty amazing how well we do develop our youngsters. Especially players like Jack Wilshere who’s been at Arsenal since he was 9.

There’s also a rumour that Arsenal want to sign van Persie’s son who is only 6, I think!

oh i dont think he will leave either, but we will have to offer him a truck load of cash (which he rightly deserves).

Wilshere is Boss, just need him to be healthy.

Next year him lining up and feeding balls to Van Persie and maybe Podolski is mouth watering!

Agreed. I’m really excited for next season.

If only we didn’t have that balls start to this season. We would’ve actually been competing for the Championship.

yeh at the start i was saying we will be lucky ot finish top 8.
But once the boys got over not having Fabregas & Nasri around (which lets face it, our midfield was completely gutted) and Arteta foun dhis feet. We were beasting.

As long as we finish 3rd this season can be called a success for me.

shows your filthy pedigree that you’d go for chelsea scum instead!

thems fighting words boy.

Haha if my workmate wasnt a mad pool supporter id prob go for them in the cup, but no chance. Im going to rile him up until kickoff!

If Liverfool didn’t have that diving racist Suarez or loudmouth “King Kenny” I’d probably go for them raspberry

Umm Chealsea dont have either… i believe you are referring to the Pool

Fixed raspberry

king kenny a loudmouth?

even as a liverpool supporter, I wouldn’t buy a suarez jersey. Ever since his self-proclaimed “hand of god” in the last world up before he signed for us, he lost my respect.

Crackers is the maddest spurs fan out, but if they were playing chelsea in the final, I’d still find it in my heart to go for spurs. I’d rather die than ever cheer chelsea on. If its chelsea v man U I hope that they both spontaeously combust (or a nil-all draw)