The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Busé Apparel Thread

Some great advice on here already! I have none really to offer, except to say good on ya and I hope you can find success with your designs shaka

Oh, and if ya need any testers, the shred is right around the corner LOL

Mizu Kuma - 13 April 2012 01:47 AM

I would the ridin on someone else’s coat tails scenario!!!!!
But as I noted previously, don’t go usin other peoples work to try and bolster yours!!!!! Let it grow on its own merits!!!!!
)

Thanks for the reply and all the exclamation marks mizu smile can you elaborate further on these two points? are there specific ones your talking about or are you talking about my general theme of changing things a little into my own “art” eg the gameboy and space invaders. Youve got me a little worried ive copied someone elses stuff without realizing.

And with the swearing specifically the F SUMMER SUCKS one, the F word is done in a clear so its barely there, much less than in the pics, its more of a texture change in the material so you have to look hard to see it, but like they say, “once you see it you can unsee it”!! Ive made one of those up, ill get a picture of it tonight so you can see

trentradpants - 13 April 2012 02:13 AM
Mizu Kuma - 13 April 2012 01:47 AM

I would the ridin on someone else’s coat tails scenario!!!!!
But as I noted previously, don’t go usin other peoples work to try and bolster yours!!!!! Let it grow on its own merits!!!!!
)

Thanks for the reply and all the exclamation marks mizu smile can you elaborate further on these two points? are there specific ones your talking about or are you talking about my general theme of changing things a little into my own “art” eg the gameboy and space invaders. Youve got me a little worried ive copied someone elses stuff without realizing.

Yeah mate, in general anythin that you have used that can easily be recognized as a “take” on someone else’s work/idea!!!!!

ie The BB one is easliy recognizable as the VB brand!!!!! It may have been a good thing to do if you were a big label, and ya were the first to jump onto the design incorporation, but in my opinion with your label just startin out it would definitely do it no favours!!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, and I’m not tryin to rubbish ya works, but in my opinion I could probably go to the sunday market or Bali and get a tee that has a print with a similar style print!!!!! I just don’t think that it will do ya label any long term justice!!!!!

Again, I wouldn’t be worried about grabbin ideas from other art/objects that ya come across, as most designers do so 99% of the time, just that I wouldn’t make it a major part of my label!!!!!

For example, this I like!!!!! Not everyone will wear it, but not everyone will wear every design that Burton creates!!!!! This does not look like a mainstream image that has been ripped from someone else’s product!!!!! It’s original and fresh to me!!!!!

This is only my opinion though!!!!! (Sorry about the !!!!!, it’s a bad habit of mine!!!!!)

trentradpants - 13 April 2012 02:16 AM

And with the swearing specifically the F SUMMER SUCKS one, the F word is done in a clear so its barely there, much less than in the pics, its more of a texture change in the material so you have to look hard to see it, but like they say, “once you see it you can unsee it”!! Ive made one of those up, ill get a picture of it tonight so you can see

Again I reckon that you’ll have no probs with this!!!!! This will sell, but just don’t make it the theme of ya label!!!!! It will die a very fast death, as it will quickly lose it’s “shock value”, and be seen as stale!!!!!

ie In a complete range, one design like this is sufficient!!!!!

As you can see, its a busy day at work…

EDIT: This gives me an idea, i say send some samples to Garry. He is that eccentric/weird he may just wear them*

*not implying your gear is weird, just saying he may wear clothes some random dude from Australia sent him with a letter saying “your last name inspired my brand name, here have some clothes you mad dog”

hahaha, not a bad idea deano, might even quote you word for word in the letter!

And yeah mizu i dont plan on making swearing my label theme, It just an idea that came to me and i made up, my phone is a myriad of noted ideas, i just need to sort the chaf from the hay (country upbring reference woot woot) and find the time to make them.

Ignore the possibility of offending SC tat wielding freaks. If your a true Aussie you love bogan.

I thought the T itself was going to be offensive (I was hoping so!) cause I would wear it and happily take it off to reveal my SC tat for an ironic punch line (I’ve had my SC for almost 20years) I didn’t the tat because I was Aussie but because of being from the SoHe and purposely didn’t use the 7 pointed star.

I would be happy to wear and promote buse through my business activities if you want. It would reach a good sized snow audience.

Some cool product and ideas there man, keep it up, looking forward to seeing it develop!

Not bad! I like quite a few of the designs, Mizu makes a good point about the shirt that he linked. I wouldnt take the SC thing down. Not a fan of the ‘clunge’ one, maybe I dont get it but that one seems tacky.

You seen The Inbetweeners?

deanobruce - 16 April 2012 01:49 AM

You seen The Inbetweeners?

yeh…I know what it means. I just wouldn’t walk around with it on my chest.

ohhhhhhhhhhh i get ya know. i thought you said you dont get what it means.

Carry on!

deanobruce - 16 April 2012 01:59 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhh i get ya know. i thought you said you dont get what it means.

Carry on!

as usual I make hardly any sense. I just didn’t get why someone would want to have it splashed across their chest….but you get that now haha