The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Busé Apparel Thread

yeh i would suspect the same thing. although i have seen some stores stock shirts like that, some put stickers over parts of the word, others left it as is.

Mind you none of these were mainstream surf shops like sds etc.

yeah i thought that might be the case too, but online or instore, hopefully they sell

Checked out the facey page - seems like a pretty good start to me! I “liked” some of the designs that I thought were cool.

Love the charlie brown one. Snoopy is epic!

Yep I reckon keep the southern cross ones. I’m guessing the people you may alienate aren’t really the peeps you want for customers anyway! I don’t even get what people think is so “australian” about the southern cross…Do people think it is only visible in Australia? so weird.

i dont think it will alienate people as such, i think its a funny pisstake on the subject and shouldnt offend anyone too much. Unless they are a bogan… haha

cords - 13 April 2012 12:38 AM

I don’t even get what people think is so “australian” about the southern cross…Do people think it is only visible in Australia? so weird.

Id say its cause its on our flag, but its also on NZ flag and you dont see them running around with it!

Do people think it is only visible in Australia? so weird.

Of course they do, the only other place to see it is the quick glimps you get of it on the back of a holden ute as it slides its ass out as it goes around a round-a-bout on the way to maccas…....or so ive been told

deanobruce - 13 April 2012 12:48 AM

I don’t even get what people think is so “australian” about the southern cross…Do people think it is only visible in Australia? so weird.

Id say its cause its on our flag, but its also on NZ flag and you dont see them running around with it!

No they get fern tattoos!!

In South Africa they have heaps of beautiful southern cross jewllery.

From travelling i really identified it with being from the Southern Hemisphere. As an Antipoden (using the collective term) I didn’t find it bogan at all until the cronulla riots. Being an Aussie living OS was horrifying at the time!

Ok so I have a southern cross tatt for no other reason than I have wanted it since I was 14. I didn’t want it to be bogan or to show off. I got it on my back, and small. It is for no one else but me. I am aussie and proud of it (again in a non bogan way!)

The hoodie with the snowflakes like the SC, I love it and would proudly rock it BUT…. there is a but, I do not like VB! That is the only thing I would change about it!

snoops would be copy righted too ......

blizzard_22 - 13 April 2012 01:09 AM

The hoodie with the snowflakes like the SC, I love it and would proudly rock it BUT…. there is a but, I do not like VB! That is the only thing I would change about it!

Theres the beauty in the way I’m doing these at the moment, i can customize them to a degree, dont like the can, i can take it off, dont like the print colour, i can change it. While its in its infancy I guess buse is a sort of a customized clothing company to a degree.

And i hope no southern cross tatt offence has been taken smile

Ok so I have a southern cross tatt for no other reason than I have wanted it since I was 14. I didn’t want it to be bogan or to show off. I got it on my back, and small. It is for no one else but me. I am aussie and proud of it (again in a non bogan way!)

I was planning to get it about a year before the riots, i st on it for a while then the riots happened so i canned it.

Hey Trent, great to see ya givin it a go dude!!!!!

Personally I wouldn’t be too worried about the copyright deal, as much as I would the ridin on someone else’s coat tails scenario!!!!!

What I mean is, if ya gear is flooded with usin other peoples work/ideas it will give ya brand a feel of it bein just another rip off company!!!!!

I wouldn’t worry about the swearin stuff either!!!!! Some shops take that stuff and some wont, just don’t make it the forefront of ya designs!!!!! Stay true to ya label and work on the skill that ya have in graphic design without the cheap crude laughs!!!!!

Also try to group your designs into “stories”, whereby they somewhat tie together to form a similar theme!!!!! This way you will be targeting a specific group that love your product right from the get go!!!!! As your label grows, so do the stories!!!!!

I do really like the Snoopy one btw!!!!! And example of a story usin that would be to have one with say Charlie, Woodstock, or even Linus somewhere????? And corporate this release together as a series (or “story”)

Havin said all that, be ready for rejection!!!!! It will happen in this industry, but stay positive and stick by your goal!!!!! Every cent that ya make out of the venture in the early years, PUT IT BACK IN, by way of sticker giveaways, free tees to the kids that rip around the hills and streets, but most importantly growing your product line!!!!! Don’t let it sit stagnant for too long, change it up and replace the old with the new to keep it fresh and interesting!!!!!

I haven’t really commented on your designs as such, because they are good designs and they will have a market!!!!! It’s just your job to find that market, and then build on it once there!!!!!

But as I noted previously, don’t go usin other peoples work to try and bolster yours!!!!! Let it grow on its own merits!!!!!

I hope this helps somewhat????? (I did work in the Surf/Skate industry for 7 years btw)

Mizu Kuma - 13 April 2012 01:47 AM

Personally I wouldn’t be too worried about the copyright deal, as much as I would the ridin on someone else’s coat tails scenario!!!!!

i would be very worried about breaking copyright if i was starting my own business or label .....

would you want people stealing your work?

Caboose - 13 April 2012 01:58 AM
Mizu Kuma - 13 April 2012 01:47 AM

i would be very worried about breaking copyright if i was starting my own business or label .....

would you want people stealing your work?

At the volume that will be produced in the early stages of the label no, I wouldn’t be overly concerned!!!!!

trentradpants - 13 April 2012 01:36 AM

Theres the beauty in the way I’m doing these at the moment, i can customize them to a degree, dont like the can, i can take it off, dont like the print colour, i can change it. While its in its infancy I guess buse is a sort of a customized clothing company to a degree.

And i hope no southern cross tatt offence has been taken smile

No offense at all, cause I know I didn’t get the tatt because of the riots like a lot of bogans did shaka