The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Updated - Where bouts ya gonna lay ya Shred Head?????

Wow…. no overnight parking there is terrible. Perisher needs to build some parking at the resort for sure.

Its not about building some parking its that they want you to use ski tube. Its going to get worst not better when they build the village!

I don’t have a problem with that, I think the ski tube is great for people who don’t want to drive up the mountain and to get you up there if there was ice. But if customers wanted to drive up and have their cars parked close to the facilities they pay to stay at, I think they should provide it. I guess it is just surprising to me because I have only stayed at thredbo.

They aren’t the only resort in the world to do it! At least here you can get away walking to your ski in/ ski out. And you can pay for just one person to go
up the tube or whatever.

Is it Falls where you pay through the nose for oversnow transport??

Building another carpark is limited by National parks. Otherwise they would build a bigger one for day trippers too!

Falls will follow you with a shuttle, then drive you back to the main centre, then shuttle to ya accom with a cat if need be!!!!! Great setup if ya stayin on mountain!!!!!

And I do agree with Jazza, Perisher should waive the Skitube fee if stayin on mountain!!!!!

Yeah, Falls charge an arm and leg for transport up the hill. I learnt my lesson the second time and dragged my gear up the hill by foot!

Mizu Kuma - 07 April 2012 10:01 PM

And I do agree with Jazza, Perisher should waive the Skitube fee if stayin on mountain!!!!!

Jazza never said that! He said they should build parking!

I agree with YOU! grin

(hehe even though I will never have to pay for ski tube again grin Even for my kidlets and better half (when they come along!)

rider26 - 07 April 2012 10:03 PM

Yeah, Falls charge an arm and leg for transport up the hill. I learnt my lesson the second time and dragged my gear up the hill by foot!

Where’d ya stay?????

Pretty sure the taxi cats are inc in ya accom tarrifs!!!!! They were when I was gettin quotes to stay there!!!!! (Ended up not needin to use them, as we stayed at Quay West)

I had free accommodation with the Burton Australia crew so it wasn’t included. raspberry

rider26 - 07 April 2012 11:49 PM

I had free accommodation with the Burton Australia crew so it wasn’t included. raspberry

Oh, of course you did! wink

FYI - a six pack to the catdriver (oversnow transport) gets you a long way.

The currant carpark at P is where the village is planned to be built.

Most accom have 1 or 2 spaces for overnight. Sometimes I was lucky enough to snazzle one (when I lived in Smiggs). There are big probs with overnight up there, Perisher gets cold at night, very cold! - if you haven’t prepared your car all sorts of problems pop up, like…. Welsh Plugs burst, electric wire plastic coating freeze to become extremely brittle resulting in multiple shorts and fire when you turn the ignition. Diesel turns to jelly. Washer lines burst. Plastic handles snap, locks become frozen. Handbrakes wont release…. etc, etc.
Unimaginable damage occurs. I’ve had most of these occur, some resulted in further bodily damage, like trying to rewire the ignition after a short, stripping a wire with my teeth but snapping my tooth in half because the wire was frozen solid.

The Australian public are better off not exposing their cars to these conditions. Facilities like NRMA are limited, so an overnight carpark in P would end up being a cluttered winter junk yard, any car left would get further damage when snow plows don’t know a car exists under a pile of snow and they try to clear it.

rider26 - 07 April 2012 11:49 PM

You deserved to walk!!!!!  tongue rolleye

Sooooo looking forward to the Shred!!!! When do we find out where to send deposits?

Jeremiah is workin on that and WILL have it sorted THIS WEEK!!!!! smirk

blizzard_22 - 08 April 2012 01:00 AM

Sooooo looking forward to the Shred!!!! When do we find out where to send deposits?

You can give the deposit to me that way Dark Clouds can’t back out!