The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Updated - Where bouts ya gonna lay ya Shred Head?????

It’s actually only $30 each way, so $60 total. You don’t need a 7 day pass as you’re not getting the Skitube every day.

i.e. Drive to Perisher, offload all luggage and passengers, drive to Skitube, park car, get Skitube to Perisher, leave car there for the week, get return Skitube at the end of the trip.

That should work, right?

Actually, if we work it out properly, we could shuttle quite a few people to Perisher and maybe only a people will have to pay to use the Skitube. Could definitely do it and only pay say $240 between all of us. Just split the costs…

It’s free to park your car at the Skitube parking. It just costs to use the train.

What about this party night in at The Station?????

Or there is also this option (in bold) that is on the Sundecks Website!!!!! This can work for a carload of 4!!!!! (Still doesn’t allow for the Station Party though)

*Plus note that this says the Skitube 1 day return is $75????? One thing with Perisher, they make their pricing system pretty complicated!!!!!

The price of the skitube has risen significantly this year - now $75 return per adult, $40 per child; $176 family (2A2C). You can leave your car with Arnie in Jindabyne for $150 per vehicle,plus park entry and they will drive you to Perisher and pick you up at the end of your stay.Contact Arnie 02 64572117

And then when I just used the Perisher Online Booking system it quoted me $77 for a 14 day open return ride on the Tube!!!!! (1 trip up + 1 trip back)

WTF?????

Also from what I am reading, ya have to have a parks pass for ya car if ya gonna shuttle people up!!!!!

It will have to be an annual pass as it has to be viable for the 7 days!!!!! (Maybe someone that has already got one????? fatima!!!!!)

This option will also be no good for the crew that are arivin on different days though!!!!!!

It shouldn’t be too hard to get everyone to drop off all their passengers and luggage in Perisher. The Sundeck is right on Front Valley so super easy access. From there, we drive our cars to the Skitube. We drop off the cars and someone drives everyone back, then drive back to the Skitube and get the train back (scissor, paper, rock for that one? haha). It should be $60 split between all of us. Not bad.

Re parks pass, you really don’t need one if you’re just driving in and dropping people off. The only way you’d get a reminder notice to pay is if you leave your car there for an extended period of time and a ranger comes past.

I have a parks pass by the way. Trust me, you won’t need one for dropping people off and emptying your car. Just drive straight through (where the annual pass people drive through), offload your passengers and drive back out. Easy.

Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 08:43 AM
Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 02:07 AM

Hey cords, are you and Freddy comin to the Shred????? CRACKERS and his better half?????

Bump!!!!!

I really want to come down…..I just can’t commit until just before though. that weekend is 4v5 elimination finals and 2v3 qual finals.  so If we come first I have a week off, if we come outside top 5 my season is over and I can come (and ill know 3weeks in advance in that case). I suspect there will be no room at the Inn by that stage though and we would have to stay somewhere else. At last minute dash is basically a definite if I bow out of soccer… we have season passes so that parts covered.

Re ski tube etc, for those who come for the weekend and stay at mum and dads (on thurs)  you can leave you car there and mum will prob drive us up.

If it works as well I will be in town the weekend before (ie the sunday) and have a free ski tube pass.

Does ozdad and ozmum wanna make some extra cash?????

Maybe ya can ask them if they wanna name a price and do some Taxi type work????? (Win, Win Situation????? And just a suggestion!!!!!)

That is a very big possibility Mizu

Just asked - she mum is keen. We will figure out the details another day

I reckon ozmum should say yes and sell all ya cars while your away! LOL

i havent been reading this thread much, there for i got no idea what a hell is going on. lol

blizzard_22 - 06 April 2012 11:41 AM

I reckon ozmum should say yes and sell all ya cars while your away! LOL

LOL

gulp