The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Updated - Where bouts ya gonna lay ya Shred Head?????

Have updated original post to include details of deposit amount/due date

Method of payment to be confirmed soon

Mizu Kuma - 20 March 2012 12:22 AM

SKI TUBE

*Add on at time of booking lift pass - 5 of 7 days = $68pp when booked online!!!!! (other prices online)

Would you guys suggest booking a ski tube pass if I’m staying on snow? Do you ever use it to move around the resort?

Never been to Perisher, so I have no idea.. as usual tongue wink

antisense - 05 April 2012 07:43 AM

SKI TUBE

*Add on at time of booking lift pass - 5 of 7 days = $68pp when booked online!!!!! (other prices online)

Would you guys suggest booking a ski tube pass if I’m staying on snow? Do you ever use it to move around the resort?

I’ve never used the tube either, but will have to this time as I have to leave the car down at the bottom as I can’t park in Perisher o’night!!!!!

There is another option whereby I can use a service offered by a couple that live in Jindy, where they drive ya up and ya leave ya car with them until they return to pick ya up at the end of the week!!!!!

You won’t have the car to worry about, but there was talk about goin to The Station for one of the nights (Although I am not sure if this arrangement has been settled yet?????), and as far as I know it is only a couple of dollars extra to give ya access to the Tube for the week as compared to just one return trip!!!!! (Ya have to add it on to ya lift ticket at time of booking, so I haven’t found out for sure yet!!!!!)

It might pay to have it for the week, as it will allow ya to go into Jindy to get supplies etc if needed anyway!!!!!

Actually went through with a phantom bookin then, and the tube is $95pp for a 7 day usage with access allowed on the day prior!!!!! (ie Sun arvo)

I have updated the first post to show this!!!!!

TJswish - 05 April 2012 03:01 AM
cords - 05 April 2012 02:06 AM

you’re going to NZ, TJ? When?

1st to 8th queenstown… got a good deal through Jetstar last night but too late to post for others :S… got told at 11:15 lol for a yesterday only deal!

1st to the 8th of what? I could have sworn I read that you weren’t gonna go with Jetstar again! haha How much were your flights? We’re looking at $214 return to christchurch with 20kg baggage each way…so cheap!

Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 02:07 AM

Hey cords, are you and Freddy comin to the Shred????? CRACKERS and his better half?????

Bump!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 02:07 AM

Hey cords, are you and Freddy comin to the Shred????? CRACKERS and his better half?????

Don’t think so, Mizu. Freddy just applied for 2 weeks leave - last week of august & first week of september. If he gets it, we’ll be going to NZ! Wishing no disrespect to the lovely BW peeps, I dream every day of riding Snow Park & I just can’t pass up the opportunity. I get way more riding bang for my buck over the dutch than I do here & that is what it is all about for me!

If his leave app gets rejected (which it might cos they are a wee bit understaffed), then I might try and come for a few days on the weekend, maybe.

Not sure about Crackers. I know he’s keen but will have to work it around soccer. Sars just started her new job so no idea about her, either.

haha sorry miz - was trying to get some uni work done inbetween BW procrastination!

I’ll forgive the procrastination cords!!!!! But I have turned my head in shame about you guys not comin to the Shred!!!!!

What’s Freddy’s boss’s number????? I’ll see if I can talk him into gettin those holidays <strike>changed</strike> approved for ya!!!!!  cool hmm

Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 07:54 AM

SKI TUBE

I’ve never used the tube either, but will have to this time as I have to leave the car down at the bottom as I can’t park in Perisher o’night!!!!!

There is another option whereby I can use a service offered by a couple that live in Jindy, where they drive ya up and ya leave ya car with them until they return to pick ya up at the end of the week!!!!!

You won’t have the car to worry about, but there was talk about goin to The Station for one of the nights (Although I am not sure if this arrangement has been settled yet?????), and as far as I know it is only a couple of dollars extra to give ya access to the Tube for the week as compared to just one return trip!!!!! (Ya have to add it on to ya lift ticket at time of booking, so I haven’t found out for sure yet!!!!!)

It might pay to have it for the week, as it will allow ya to go into Jindy to get supplies etc if needed anyway!!!!!

Is there no free parking in Perisher to leave the car for up to a week?

not up at the resort no

cords - 05 April 2012 08:19 AM
TJswish - 05 April 2012 03:01 AM
cords - 05 April 2012 02:06 AM

you’re going to NZ, TJ? When?

1st to 8th queenstown… got a good deal through Jetstar last night but too late to post for others :S… got told at 11:15 lol for a yesterday only deal!

1st to the 8th of what? I could have sworn I read that you weren’t gonna go with Jetstar again! haha How much were your flights? We’re looking at $214 return to christchurch with 20kg baggage each way…so cheap!

August. And never had a problem with Jetstar… They were great too and from Japan.

Dan83 - 05 April 2012 05:28 PM
Mizu Kuma - 05 April 2012 07:54 AM

SKI TUBE

Is there no free parking in Perisher to leave the car for up to a week?

Only at the Skitube base station!!!!!

Oh, and the price of the Tube is $95pp for 7 1/2 days access!!!!!

Well that sucks. Why didn’t I know about this? teacherboy

Yeah that does suck…