The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

YEAHHH BOYYYYY since Jez showed me the fflux i fell in love like a kid with candy.

Hey Mizu a question size 10 boots what binding size would you get ?

lanox - 04 April 2012 11:50 AM

YEAHHH BOYYYYY since Jez showed me the fflux i fell in love like a kid with candy.

Hey Mizu a question size 10 boots what binding size would you get ?

LARGE mate!!!!!  shaka

Unless it’s a Burton Shrink Tech boot!!!!! Best to take a boot with ya when ya get the binder!!!!!

i guess the reason i am asking is because i got burton slx and i got major ankle pain, i spoke to Rob from STM as Jez recommended him but he seems that cant do/find anything wrong with the boots and apparently guy from Burton had a look at the boot and he said boot it self seems to be okay, however i am in major pain and i think i still got bruising on my ankle, the only thing through conversation that came about where the bindings, i belive i got MEDIUM and i am size 10 so not sure if binding have anything to do with it but i am positive that difference between medium and large are the bottom plate and the straps are longer ???? or i am talking sh1t ?

Ya might be right about the binder size bein wrong!!!!!

Does the boot easily fit into the binding?????

Did the guys at STM have a pair of your bindings to see how the boot sat in them?????

Pretty sure Jeremy has the SLX boot AND a pair of FLUX binders!!!!! What sizings does he have?????

Does the boot easily fit into the binding????? 

They seemed like they do i dont think i had issues while i was in japan although the straps are on last or second last hole.

Did the guys at STM have a pair of your bindings to see how the boot sat in them????? 

I am not sure about this i might go in on saturday if they are open or sometimes next week and see or bring my bindings in.

Pretty sure Jeremy has the SLX boot AND a pair of FLUX binders!!!!! What sizings does he have????? 

I am not sure about that.

I wear size 9 SLX with medium Flux bindings.

http://fluxbindings.wordpress.com/flux-sizing/

Lano, size 10 SLX boots should be in a medium binding (due to the reduced size of the boot). Were that straps sitting centred over your boots? Honestly man, I just think the boots weren’t right for your foot shape.

rider26 - 04 April 2012 11:55 PM

I wear size 9 SLX with medium Flux bindings.

http://fluxbindings.wordpress.com/flux-sizing/

Lano, size 10 SLX boots should be in a medium binding (due to the reduced size of the boot). Were that straps sitting centred over your boots? Honestly man, I just think the boots weren’t right for your foot shape.

yeah i am starting to think that as well and also i think Rob said the same thing i might go in and get new boots, might wait for you to come back or should i go see Rob ?

also i saw that link, u posted last night and that is why it prompt me to ask the question on here as they say size 10 Large and 9.5 medium.

grrr just so spewing man ....

EDIT

i didn’t answer you question, i think they where sitting in centered but like i said i think i had to put the straps to last second last hole.

how old are your slx’s? condition? what would you sell them for?

The problem that ya will find now is that with a normal size 10 boot in another brand, ya medium FLUX’s should be a Large!!!!!

This is one thing that stops me from buyin Burton products!!!!!

With Shrinktech, ICS, EST etc etc, ya virtually have to run with all Burton stuff for it to work!!!!! Either that or ya have to stuff around gettin discs, or worse like what lanox is facin atm!!!!!

Yeah but I don’t think it’s the binding I think the boot just doesn’t fit my foot, rob also said that when I went to see him…

lanox - 05 April 2012 02:20 AM

Yeah but I don’t think it’s the binding I think the boot just doesn’t fit my foot, rob also said that when I went to see him…

Yeah, problem is that if ya buy another brand of boot that doesn’t have Shrinktech, then they wont fit ya Medium Bindings!!!!!

ah yes sorry i miss read your post….

ah i dunno man grrr driving me mad my boss is going to kill me…

The SLX has a reduced footprint. So yeah, a 10 will fit a medium no problem. Truth is most size 10 boots will fit a medium Burton binding and you’re probably better off that way; snug fit is good.

I’d go see Rob man. He’s really good at boot fitting. Not sure if I’ll have time to put in any hours at STM this season.

rider26 - 05 April 2012 04:29 AM

The SLX has a reduced footprint. So yeah, a 10 will fit a medium no problem. Truth is most size 10 boots will fit a medium Burton binding and you’re probably better off that way; snug fit is good.

I’d go see Rob man. He’s really good at boot fitting. Not sure if I’ll have time to put in any hours at STM this season.

thanks.

rider26 - 05 April 2012 04:29 AM

lanox has FLUX binders!!!!!  teacherboy

(Although they should still fit with other boots, just take ya binders with ya when ya tryin on boots!!!!!)