The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

drc13’s Japan 2012 (Hakuba/Tokyo) Trip Report + Videos!

Mizu Kuma - 06 March 2012 02:55 AM
lanox - 06 March 2012 02:35 AM
Dan83 - 06 March 2012 02:19 AM

Jeremy, you may want to try 960P cause you don’t use the long pole? Would help capture a lot more. Your head is usually chopped out of the shot.

Dan you saying Jez has a big head lol raspberry

Dan always tells it like it is, lano!!!!!

He’s the yes man!!!!!

cool grin

Mizu, did a bit of research and looks like Windows Live Movie Maker is gonna be my best bet for ease of use/ runs on crappy PC. Will give it another try…

Awesome Vid’s Dave, making me look forward even more to the snow season haha

Dan83 - 06 March 2012 11:42 AM

Mizu, did a bit of research and looks like Windows Live Movie Maker is gonna be my best bet for ease of use/ runs on crappy PC. Will give it another try…

shaka

Great videos! I am feeling the pressure now…. Mizu I think I may need to do a road trip to the railways!!

I’ve had a few people ask me so I figured this was the best place to give you an update on the insurance claim.

Unfortunately today I received an email from Travel Insurance Direct letting me know my claim had been rejected. Reasons given were the theft was considered in a public place (the coat hook) and they wanted a police report within 24hrs (which I didn’t have as I had no way or finding or communicating with the police in english)

Overall pretty angry about the whole thing at the moment and it’s brought back some bad memories. It’s mainly the fact that I spent 3 days of my holiday stuffing around trying to get a police report and making international calls to the insurance company and it has all amounted to nothing.

Damn that’s disappointing DRC and may make me reconsider using TID in the future (as they are my preferred insurance supplier)

So sorry that has brought you down again about your trip, re read this thread and see how many people were so jealous of your trip!! Don’t let it get you down too much.

Suxs man keep ur head up and like I say look at the good times and forget the bad times…. Next time will be better….

Looks like TID will be off my list of preferred companies to deal with!!!!!  shaka

(Time for a thread that points this out?????)

Thanks for the support guys and gal.

I’ll admit I’m still sitting here stewing on it a bit.

Over the past month and half since I submitted my claim I’ve been holding hope that they would come through and I could put that bad part of the trip behind me. Unfortunately this has done nothing but bring it back to the surface.

Yeah Mizu I plan on travelling a bunch more and certainly won’t be using TID again in the future. Who know’s if any of the other insurance companies are any better but TID has certainly done their dash with me.

I started a thread in the Mountains and Travel section on ya behalf, drc!!!!!

If ya stop at least 1 person from usin TID, then I’m sure that ya might find solace in the fact that they wont be dupin that person, if they end up in your situation!!!!!

shaka

Mizu Kuma - 30 March 2012 03:12 AM

I started a thread in the Mountains and Travel section on ya behalf, drc!!!!!

If ya stop at least 1 person from usin TID, then I’m sure that ya might find solace in the fact that they wont be dupin that person, if they end up in your situation!!!!!

shaka

Appreciate it mate! that’s exactly the way I feel about it I hope my experience helps out some other boardworld members.

I’ve just submitted a long winded post in that thread

cool grin

drc dont make me come to shire and slap you silly, shit happens mate keep you head up dont let it ruin you trip like you said there was good memories and bad just think of the good one. Good things will come back to you dont worry…

Just had a mental image of Lanox slappin drc around, while wearin a pair of 3CS socks on his hands!!!!!  LOL