The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 18-19th June

So myself and a mate headed down, stayed at the LJ - not bad price considering hot breakfast included.
Friday was awesome, they’d had a heap of rain on Thursday, then 17cm on snow overnight. Cruiser was as it is normally, except without the bowl and the terrain park down to the T-bar.
High Noon was great, got some good carving in all the way down, then did a few runs switch.
The High Noon park opened on Friday arvo, so we had a bit of a play on some of the jumps.
Saturday wasn’t as good, the snow in the morning was really heavy and wet, then by the afternoon it had started to refreeze, so some of the runs were a bit choppy and firm in places.
We headed over the Supertrail in the afternoon, and after sitting on the world’s second slowest chairlift (Snowgums, second to Merritts double chair), we cut through to the bottom of Sponars and had a short walk back to High Noon. The snow on Supertrail was pretty ordinary, but considering that practically all the snow on the runs is man-made, they’re doing well to have that much open.

some snow is always better than no snow

so no snow at all at the small terrain park at the merrits t-bar?
And the LJ -whats this? is it in Thredbo village (as oppesed to jindy) and how much pp/night ?
Thanks mate.

Hopefully some more snow will be coming soon

I am wondering what the ‘LJ’ is as well?? I’m always looking for reasonably priced accom so more details would be great?!

The LJ is the Lake Jindabyne Hotel. Right in the centre of town between the old town centre and the Nuggets Crossing shops.
http://www.lakejindabynehotel.com.au/

Merrits park photo from three days ago…

Image courtesy of Burton Australia.

So the little park at the bottom of Merrits which has the T-bar does have snow down it, but no jumps built. Also the T-bar isn’t running yet (the T-bar track looked a little sketchy)
The LJ is the Lake Jindabyne Hotel - right in the centre of town, clean rooms, hot water etc, looking over the lake.
Was $105/night - including hot buffet breakfast for 2.
The rooms sleep up to 4, but they do charge a bit more with extra people.

rider26 - 21 June 2010 08:13 AM

Merrits park photo from three days ago…

Image courtesy of Burton Australia.

Yeh that’s how it looked, except for the small queue of people at the top of it raspberry

Butters - 21 June 2010 08:47 AM

So the little park at the bottom of Merrits which has the T-bar does have snow down it, but no jumps built. Also the T-bar isn’t running yet (the T-bar track looked a little sketchy)
The LJ is the Lake Jindabyne Hotel - right in the centre of town, clean rooms, hot water etc, looking over the lake.
Was $105/night - including hot buffet breakfast for 2.
The rooms sleep up to 4, but they do charge a bit more with extra people.

ahh ok thanks a lot, ill look into it smile

yeah they got another park open at thredbo now!

Rick0889 - 21 June 2010 07:52 PM

yeah they got another park open at thredbo now!

Hey, which one??

Edit:  or u talkin bout this merrits one…. lol to me!
cos i herd high noon is. are any others? like up near sponars or atons?

Terrain Parks
The High Noon Intermediate Terrain Park is open tomorrow. Boasting a snow cliff with a 6m rail to drop, a pole jam to down box combo, bonk bin on a hip table top, 9m down bar, 8m banked box, 20ft table top, pole jam to hip landing, and a 6m stall bar. Cruiser Terrain Park also open – includes 6m dance floor box, 6m flat box and 6m down box.

Source: thredbo.com.au