The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Getting to Perisher.. .. from Perth!

So just wondering on ya thoughts on the best way to get to Perisher for the shred…..

I was thinking fly to either Melbourne or Sydney (Perth to Canberra flights don’t seem very cheap) and then bus to jindy/perisher.

Anyone have experience with both?

Any recommendations?

I’m hoping to arrive in Jindy a few days before the shred, maybe Wednesday or Thursday for some pre-shred warm-up laps (god knows I’ll need em), staying on the cheap at the station or something before moving onto the snow. So something with mid-week service would be the go…

Of course, any donations of lifts/abductions would be accepted gladly with accompanying petrol money!!!

Cheers shaka

Yeah PERTH>SYD then bum a lift off one of the Sydney crew, would be the best way to go!!!!!

Just not sure about gettin that lift at an earlier date!!!!!

*to any potential taxis, although anti looks like a serial killer, I had personally not witnessed any acts that might actually place him into that category!!!!!

Ahaha Thanks for the disclaimer Mizu grin

I’m here to help, anti!!!!!  cheese

God I am a sucker!

I could drive you on the Thursday. But I haven’t asked for the Friday off yet. (think i am pushing asking now since i am already negative 20 days!)

Greyhound leaves at midnight I believe… so you could risk banking on me (can’t guarantee it but if your willing to bus it at the last minute…)

Gee thanks for the offer smile

Probably best to wait till a little closer to the date to lock anything in, especially if you’re not sure yet. I’ll look into the greyhound option. A service that leaves Sydney at midnight and arrives first thing am sounds great!!

Cheers :D

Definitely fly to Sydney. There are plenty of buses that go from Sydney to the snow or at least Jindabyne.

Yeah they all go, Jindy, Tube, Thedders.

syd is closer/easier to get to jindy than melbs

Like oz said, all the buses go jindy>ski tube>thredbo!!!!!

It would be worth ya while to go to Thredbo for a day or two, and check it out, after comin all that way!!!!!

I’d totally just go to Jindy and hitch up to Perisher rather than taking the tube… give the driver $10 and they’ll love ya. Much cheaper than like $28 per person :S

There is a Storm Trooper hanging around here at the moment, he has walked from Perth, said its a great way to get over to the East shaka

I can almost guaranty you’ll be able to find a lift from Sydney.

I’m not 100% on when I’ll be travelling down there (still a long way off). I might go down the 6th (Thursday night) or it will be a day trip on the 10th (Monday). Maybe even both confused

spaz - 14 March 2012 10:34 PM

I can almost guaranty you’ll be able to find a lift from Sydney.

I’m not 100% on when I’ll be travelling down there (still a long way off). I might go down the 6th (Thursday night) or it will be a day trip on the 10th (Monday). Maybe even both confused

That might work well (thursday) cause I’m thinking of buying a POV cam off ya before the shred cool smile

Like you say, it’s still along way off. I think I’ll resurrect this thread closer to the date and see what ppls plans are. I definitely want to get in more than a week on snow this season, even if it’s just a couple of days!!

Anitsense, I think you will be fine if you got a flight into Sydney on the Thursday. I am sure someone will give you a lift. if not then you hang around until the night greyhound.

I think you should lock it in a flight as soon as a cheap one becomes available!

what is considered cheap for perth to sydney anyways

currently can see 320 ish return with jetstar inc 20kg