The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

drc13’s Japan 2012 (Hakuba/Tokyo) Trip Report + Videos!

Aww, those monkeys are so funny! And cute! Especially the little ones!!! wink

Gread vid - You need a soundtrack to it! Got any others coming?

Hahahahaaa, the one at 0:30 is like “God it’s been a bloody hard one at work today, just gonna soak away the stress from the Boss always bein on my back”!!!!!!

Billy - 28 February 2012 09:09 AM

Aww, those monkeys are so funny! And cute! Especially the little ones!!! wink

Gread vid - You need a soundtrack to it! Got any others coming?

That there is the typical response I’ve been getting from any female I’ve shown the video to. They all hope I stashed a snow monkey in my bag on the flight home.

I agree it would be better with a soundtrack but I just haven’t had a chance since getting back to play around with the video editing software. Definitely more videos coming but could still be a little while away and will be pretty much raw footage without much in the way of fancy editing.

Mizu Kuma - 28 February 2012 09:17 AM

Hahahahaaa, the one at 0:30 is like “God it’s been a bloody hard one at work today, just gonna soak away the stress from the Boss always bein on my back”!!!!!!

The most amazing things about them was just how human they were. You can really tell we share so much DNA. The fact that they weren’t in the slightest bit fazed that we were all standing so close to them while they chilled out was incredible.

For sure!!!!!

Those that still don’t believe in evolution, have got some real issues imho!!!!!

And the perfect soundtrack!!!!!

man, just watched TJ’s video and then looked over your TR again, cravings to go to Japan are just increasing!! lol

RPS88A - 28 February 2012 10:47 AM

man, just watched TJ’s video and then looked over your TR again, cravings to go to Japan are just increasing!! lol

Hah good to hear. Coming from a first time traveller it’s a pretty easy holiday to get organised so I see no reason why you couldn’t get to Japan in the near future.

I say we have a big Australian season taking as much advantage of the freedom pass as we can whilst improving our riding and then work out what to do over summer. I’m happy for you to tag along with me when I inevitably go back to Japan which is likely to be within the next couple of seasons.

THE SNOWBOARDING VIDEO IS UP!

You can find it in this post here https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewreply/120040/

Don’t go into it expecting too much though my excuses are:

*I didn’t have all my footage as I lost some on the corrupt sdcard
*I had my pole stolen early on so limited angles
*I’ve never used video editing software until I started this morning (been at it since 7am it’s a steep learning curve so big respect to video editors)
*I can’t work out how to get good quality on youtube or vimeo with 60fps it gets all jerky and blurry compared to the source but it’s watchable (haven’t tried it yet but maybe downloading the mp4 file on the right hand side of vimeo will give you the original 60fps?)
*Most importantly I’m new to snowboarding so it’s hardly thrilling riding! smile

Having said all that I hope you enjoy!

Nice edit bro!!

Good job, drc!!!!!  shaka

Bummer about the card!!!!! What brand was it?????

nice dude, very nice…

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 03 March 2012 06:11 AM

Nice edit bro!!

lanox - 03 March 2012 06:14 AM

nice dude, very nice…

Thanks guys glad you enjoyed it! Seems kind of silly putting so many hours into a 4 minute clip but it kind of gives closure to my Japan trip *insert crying smiley*

Mizu Kuma - 03 March 2012 06:14 AM

Good job, drc!!!!!  shaka

Bummer about the card!!!!! What brand was it?????

Thanks buddy, it was a sandisk microsdhc card but it wasn’t the cards fault. I’m pretty sure I stuffed it up one night when I switched it into my tablet and locked it up doing a file transfer so can’t blame it.

I can confirm that downloading the 232mb MP4 file on the RHS of vimeo plays back a lot better in 60fps. It’s a lot smoother but I can understand if everyone would rather watch the streaming clip.

Cheers

Yeah, SanDisk are usually bomb proof!!!!!

if you want send the card to me i can get it fixed for you i am quiet sure raspberry, however i cant guarantee 100%

Mizu Kuma - 03 March 2012 06:25 AM

Yeah, SanDisk are usually bomb proof!!!!!

Yeah as long as you get a genuine one they are a great card. Definitely more a user error thing in this case.

lanox - 03 March 2012 06:25 AM

if you want send the card to me i can get it fixed for you i am quiet sure raspberry, however i cant guarantee 100%

Thanks for the offer mate but it’s all good now just needed a reformat as the file structure was corrupt. I got most of the videos back using “photorec”

no problem mate ur call.