The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Emperor’s New Clothes

Not only were their colors and patterns uncommonly fine, but clothes made of this cloth had a wonderful way of becoming invisible to anyone who was unfit for his office, or who was unusually stupid.

I’m not a stupid man and till now have said I see nothing.

Nobody would confess that he couldn’t see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool

I’ve offended the fools by pointing out the truth. And now my worthiness is in doubt. The emperors subjects are calling for my head!

“But he hasn’t got anything on,” a little child said.

I’ve worn my honesty on my sleeve, not to ridicule but to help.

The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, “This procession has got to go on.” So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn’t there at all.

I do not want the emperor to think I’m unworthy of my position and will remain silent in pointing out the obvious truth.
A greater good will come if I do. For when I object to what the towns people agree upon I point out their foolish stupidity.

The people think they know what my opinion is.
But against popular belief; I think it’s grand that the emperor wears nothing at all, I just don’t want to lie to myself or to others. So I will not join in conversation regarding the “Emperor’s New Clothes” despite being the “Emperor’s” expert on such matters.

I will just say nothing at all.

????WTF spaz?

I dont get it either…...... What type of mushrooms do you eat Spaz??? Gold Top Ones hahahahahaha

I take it the emperor is now sporting a GoPro?

LOL I’m confused!

Ummm ????

Warren Chapstick - 27 February 2012 05:49 AM

I dont get it either…...... What type of mushrooms do you eat Spaz??? Gold Top Ones hahahahahaha

gold and purple are what your after haha

I hear that deathcaps can be popular also!!!!!

No body has ever complained about them!!!!!

lots of blue tops grow in the escarpment.

But this is what’s growing in my front yard.
Photobucket

Mushrooms are commonly associated with Alice in Wonderland not Hans Christian Anderson.

Mudhoney - 27 February 2012 05:49 AM

I take it the emperor is now sporting a GoPro?

I support the emperors choice, how could I object.